Met with the Omega and new Osprey K cans today

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

newgunguy3

Met with the Omega and new Osprey K cans today

Post by newgunguy3 »

I was at the Dallas Safari Club convention today and SiCo had a rep there with their full line of cans including the Omega and to-be-announced-at-SHOT-but-he-had-it-on-display Osprey K!

The Osprey K was mounted on a 9MM pistol and (shame on me) I didn't ask what other calibers were available. The guy said the K was primarily military driven and it's right on the borderline of hearing-safe. Unless size was a major factor I really don't see that much of an advantage for "normal folk." I'd stick with the full Osprey.

The Omega is a different story. This is one sweet can! Very definite weight difference between it and the Saker 7.62. Nice looking can too. Popped the Harvester front end off, apparently there will be flat endcaps soon. Stellite inside, titanium tube. SiCo has no plans for a Trifecta mount for it. They (SiCo) have been hearing from a lot of people (like me) who literally just got a Saker 7.62 out of jail and would have waited for the Omega. He just smiled and said new products are constantly under development.

Now I have to find a justification to buy the can. I guess I need another rifle to put it on. That should make the wife happy! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by newgunguy3 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Re: Met with the Omega and new Osprey K cans today

Post by jdasilva »

Thanks for the report.

I wish I could've gone but had to work all weekend. Any mention of anchor brakes for the sakers?
newgunguy3

Re: Met with the Omega and new Osprey K cans today

Post by newgunguy3 »

jdasilva wrote: I wish I could've gone but had to work all weekend. Any mention of anchor brakes for the sakers?
No, but I didn't ask.