Veterans and SilCo's Blue Label Program

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Veterans and SilCo's Blue Label Program

Post by Abiqua »

Can we get some clarification on the Blue Label Program and how it applies to veterans? Do plain old honorably discharged veterans with a DD214 get to participate or not?
One dealer in this thread heresays yes but no other dealers list veterans as included.
Thanks
TexasGuns

Re: Veterans and SilCo's Blue Label Program

Post by TexasGuns »

I was waiting. I thought someone in the know might reply.
Chris2000XJ

Post by Chris2000XJ »

They don't, see my post in the other thread, I already inquired.

Don't worry though, rent-a-cops, private ambulance EMT's, judges, and DA's all get full inclusion in the program. But not combat vets or deployed veterans with campaign medals. Unless you did 20.

They "might" open it up for time to time to vets, but all those other people get full inclusion in the program. :?

•Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County,& City ( includes retired L.E. officers with retired credentials)
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. o Includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• State Licensed Security Companies ( Loomis, Ram, Etc.) or State Licensed Armed Security Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.

• LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
• Disabled Veterans with retired credentials
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

I'm a more than a little butthurt over this. I realize it's SilCo's program and they make the rules, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

As far as judges & DAs getting them, I'm down. The more people in the government getting & supporting suppressors the better. They'll also see how ridiculous the process is.

As far as EMTs go, they save people's lives everyday. Our parents, siblings, spouses, friends. EMTs are on the front lines everyday here at home. regardless of how they became one, they help keep our loved ones alive.

I am not upset that my DD214 won't get me a discount but then again I vounteered for my country. If one was drafted against their will I could see their discontent.

As long as I get free Olive Garden & Golden Corral once a year, I'm cool :)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jdasilva wrote:I am not upset that my DD214 won't get me a discount but then again I vounteered for my country. If one was drafted against their will I could see their discontent.
Did the EMT/Judge/DA's/Rent-a-Cops/etc......volunteer or were they drafted?

Last I checked we don't have a draft for ANY jobs in the US.

If you served honorably but didn't do a full 20 then you don't qualify but the rent-a-cop does.

Not in the market myself but it is kinda messed up as that disqualifies me because I didn't do 20 and now I CAN'T serve.

i get that you have to draw a line but.....
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Bendersquint wrote:
jdasilva wrote:I am not upset that my DD214 won't get me a discount but then again I vounteered for my country. If one was drafted against their will I could see their discontent.
Did the EMT/Judge/DA's/Rent-a-Cops/etc......volunteer or were they drafted?

Last I checked we don't have a draft for ANY jobs in the US.

If you served honorably but didn't do a full 20 then you don't qualify but the rent-a-cop does.

Not in the market myself but it is kinda messed up as that disqualifies me because I didn't do 20 and now I CAN'T serve.

i get that you have to draw a line but.....
^this.

It'd be nice if a SilCo rep would drop in for an official comment.
Chris2000XJ

Post by Chris2000XJ »

jdasilva wrote:As far as judges & DAs getting them, I'm down. The more people in the government getting & supporting suppressors the better. They'll also see how ridiculous the process is.

As far as EMTs go, they save people's lives everyday. Our parents, siblings, spouses, friends. EMTs are on the front lines everyday here at home. regardless of how they became one, they help keep our loved ones alive.

I am not upset that my DD214 won't get me a discount but then again I vounteered for my country. If one was drafted against their will I could see their discontent.

I hear what you're saying but think about it this way.

I know quite a few people who served out their contract honorably, deploying MULTIPLE times along the way, and then got stop-lossed against their will for another year or two so they could deploy with their unit again. Getting stop-lossed is involuntary retention, which is about the same as getting drafted.

How does someone like that, who did multiple deployments, spent years overseas, ass in the fire, away from their families, kids, getting divorced while they are overseas.... basically putting their lives on hold for several years, take backseat to an armored car driver, judge, or a DA... and yea even an EMT. Just cuz they didn't retire? You know how many guys did 20 and out and never stepped foot in another country? Lots of Reagan era, Bush 1 era, and Clinton era vets did. Doesn't mean they aren't deserving but certainly not fair at all.

It was just a job to a lot of those people, but to a lot of us that volunteered for OIF/OEF it was a calling.

I get that EMT's save lives and Judges/DA's etc perform a public service, etc, but IMHO it's not even in the same ball park. It's 100% not fair to include them but not at least deployed veterans, that have probably invested more blood, sweat, and tears in the interests of this country than quite a few of the retired or medically separated guys that qualify for the program based on those credentials. I mean there's guys that did 2 year contracts(yes they exist) that saw more s--t than most lifers did in 20+ years. Plus there's tons of guys that would have stayed in and retired but got separated due to the draw down.

I get that they can't give it to everyone, as much as they want to, because they are a business and are here to make money, but you could easily distinguish Deployed Vets who have seen a combat theater by an Iraq/Afg/VN Campaign medal, GWOT, etc. that is listed on their DD214.

Just food for thought obviously, but I think that would be a good way of doing it, and it at least would be merit based in that case. Though I don't see what the harm is in extending it to all vets if you're gonna throw friggen Brinks truck drivers in there. C'mon, rent-a-cops rate, but guys who basically put their lives on hold for the better of a decade don't? I don't see how you can cut that any way that is fair.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Chris2000XJ wrote:
jdasilva wrote:As far as judges & DAs getting them, I'm down. The more people in the government getting & supporting suppressors the better. They'll also see how ridiculous the process is.

I hear what you're saying but think about it this way.

I know quite a few people who served out their contract honorably, deploying MULTIPLE times along the way, and then got stop-lossed against their will for another year or two so they could deploy with their unit again. Getting stop-lossed is involuntary retention, which is about the same as getting drafted.

How does someone like that, who did multiple deployments, spent years overseas, ass in the fire, away from their families, kids, getting divorced while they are overseas.... basically putting their lives on hold for several years, take backseat to an armored car driver, judge, or a DA... and yea even an EMT. Just cuz they didn't retire? You know how many guys did 20 and out and never stepped foot in another country? Lots of Reagan era, Bush 1 era, and Clinton era vets did. Doesn't mean they aren't deserving but certainly not fair at all.

It was just a job to a lot of those people, but to a lot of us that volunteered for OIF/OEF it was a calling.

I get that EMT's save lives and Judges/DA's etc perform a public service, etc, but IMHO it's not even in the same ball park. It's 100% not fair to include them but not at least deployed veterans, that have probably invested more blood, sweat, and tears in the interests of this country than quite a few of the retired or medically separated guys that qualify for the program based on those credentials. I mean there's guys that did 2 year contracts(yes they exist) that saw more s--t than most lifers did in 20+ years. Plus there's tons of guys that would have stayed in and retired but got separated due to the draw down.

I get that they can't give it to everyone, as much as they want to, because they are a business and are here to make money, but you could easily distinguish Deployed Vets who have seen a combat theater by an Iraq/Afg/VN Campaign medal, GWOT, etc. that is listed on their DD214.

Just food for thought obviously, but I think that would be a good way of doing it, and it at least would be merit based in that case. Though I don't see what the harm is in extending it to all vets if you're gonna throw friggen Brinks truck drivers in there. C'mon, rent-a-cops rate, but guys who basically put their lives on hold for the better of a decade don't? I don't see how you can cut that any way that is fair.

I agree with your points. I never deployed because I served during peace time & broke my leg & was discharged before 9/11. I can't imagine what deployed vets went through except from my friends stories & the movies. One buddy had a 7.62x39 hit him in the skull & another one in the leg & the worst thing I experienced was just limping around on crutches.

Maybe one day they'll extend it but I doubt it since the majority of customers are vets. (my assumption only)

Everyone keeps saying rent a cops. Did I miss something or are y'all referring to correction & probation officers?

Theres many good people that have given their lives (through dedication &/or the ultimate sacrifice) for this great country whom I believe deserve a lot more than they get back. Deployed vets are definitely at the top of the list.

I guess I just don't take this promo as a bad thing, especially because all the work SilencerCo does behind the scenes to protect our 2A & NFA rights. They spend so much money doing fundraisers to get pro 2A people into power & going to Washington with the ASA.

SilencerCo gives back to all vets & the American gun supporters one way or another. Thats why I have 10 of their cans & will continue to buy more to support them, discount or no discount.
Chris2000XJ

Post by Chris2000XJ »

No I meant as in armed security guards and armored car drivers.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

jdasilva wrote:As far as judges & DAs getting them, I'm down. The more people in the government getting & supporting suppressors the better.
Why? Government employees think they should have any toys they want, and they strongly believe you should have nothing. Their getting cans at a discount doesn't mean they will suddenly think it is OK for little people to have them.

I suggest you fully examine member continuity's recent posts concerning the Sig arm brace. You think that weak minded goose-stepping jackass has any interest in you having anything more dangerous than a plastic spoon?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

very bleak view. What I wrote where just what ifs. If you feel that government employees are all goose-steppers then nothing I can say will resonate.

The reality is that there are many pro gun people in the government & many that will become pro gun. The point was that its an easy way to get cans to the people that prosecute & judge. It might not make a difference but it may prevent a prosecution if someone uses a can in a self defense scenario.

I stand by my statement 100% People in power supporting suppressors is a good thing.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jdasilva wrote:very bleak view. What I wrote where just what ifs. If you feel that government employees are all goose-steppers then nothing I can say will resonate.

The reality is that there are many pro gun people in the government & many that will become pro gun. The point was that its an easy way to get cans to the people that prosecute & judge. It might not make a difference but it may prevent a prosecution if someone uses a can in a self defense scenario.

I stand by my statement 100% People in power supporting suppressors is a good thing.
Support comes from beliefs not discounts on merchandise, either they support it or they do not, a discount on a silencer won't change their beliefs....if so then perhaps we need to look at that individuals moral fiber.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Bendersquint wrote:
jdasilva wrote:very bleak view. What I wrote where just what ifs. If you feel that government employees are all goose-steppers then nothing I can say will resonate.

Support comes from beliefs not discounts on merchandise, either they support it or they do not, a discount on a silencer won't change their beliefs....if so then perhaps we need to look at that individuals moral fiber.

A lot of people change their mind or form an opinion once they use a product or service. How many times have we discounted something in our lives & changed our view once we used it? Also works the other way around. The discount is a means to get these products in more hands easier. I don't know what the discount is but I doubt it very much but people have a hard time passing up a deal.

Whatever the reason, some people are going to get these products cheaper & it sucks that I & fellow vets are not eligible but I say congrats to all who are.
jh1990
Silent Operator

Post by jh1990 »

jdasilva wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

A lot of people change their mind or form an opinion once they use a product or service. How many times have we discounted something in our lives & changed our view once we used it? Also works the other way around. The discount is a means to get these products in more hands easier. I don't know what the discount is but I doubt it very much but people have a hard time passing up a deal.

Whatever the reason, some people are going to get these products cheaper & it sucks that I & fellow vets are not eligible but I say congrats to all who are.
Agreed
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I would gladly NOT do 20 years in the Army for the privilege of paying a few more bucks for a silencer. 5 years was enough and to be honest Ive never had a more joyous day in my life as when I kissed the ground in Fort Jackson when my discharge process was complete. Not when I got married, not when I graduated college, not when my kids were born and not when my oldest son recently graduated college. It was pure fucking bliss.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

YugoRPK wrote:I would gladly NOT do 20 years in the Army for the privilege of paying a few more bucks for a silencer. 5 years was enough and to be honest Ive never had a more joyous day in my life as when I kissed the ground in Fort Jackson when my discharge process was complete. Not when I got married, not when I graduated college, not when my kids were born and not when my oldest son recently graduated college. It was pure fucking bliss.

I had the opposite experience when I left. After 16 years being out I still miss it. It's not for everyone & I guess it wasn't in the cards for me either. I still remember good friends going from sane functional people to certifiably crazy. I feel for all that are hurt mentally & physically but I still get the warm fuzzies when I look back. I don't know if i'd still feel the same if I would've been deployed though. Maybe if President Bush would've had a couple Monicas' around the Oval Office, we wouldn't have entered the Middle East.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

jdasilva wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:I would gladly NOT do 20 years in the Army for the privilege of paying a few more bucks for a silencer. 5 years was enough and to be honest Ive never had a more joyous day in my life as when I kissed the ground in Fort Jackson when my discharge process was complete. Not when I got married, not when I graduated college, not when my kids were born and not when my oldest son recently graduated college. It was pure fucking bliss.

I had the opposite experience when I left. After 16 years being out I still miss it. It's not for everyone & I guess it wasn't in the cards for me either. I still remember good friends going from sane functional people to certifiably crazy. I feel for all that are hurt mentally & physically but I still get the warm fuzzies when I look back. I don't know if i'd still feel the same if I would've been deployed though. Maybe if President Bush would've had a couple Monicas' around the Oval Office, we wouldn't have entered the Middle East.

My first squad leader is coming over for a visit next month. Havent seen the guy in 27 years. We are going to drink like we were 19 and get sloppy drunk and probably puke all over the place and piss ourselves. We will talk about the slutty German chicks we banged and about crappy German food and laugh at all the stupid fuckers we knew back in the Army but dollars to donuts we sure as hell won't talk about how much we miss actually being in the Army.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

YugoRPK wrote:
jdasilva wrote:

My first squad leader is coming over for a visit next month. Havent seen the guy in 27 years. We are going to drink like we were 19 and get sloppy drunk and probably puke all over the place and piss ourselves. We will talk about the slutty German chicks we banged and about crappy German food and laugh at all the stupid fuckers we knew back in the Army but dollars to donuts we sure as hell won't talk about how much we miss actually being in the Army.

lol, TRUTH
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Wow, Thats what we need, Armored Car wannabe's with cans, worked with those guys, and I guess I was one of those guys for 2 weeks, after my being RIF'd the first time after desert storm I went to work at one of those places, Holy Crap, More Paul Blart less well, everything else...

Went back in and now 100% Disabled after a bad day in Afghanistan, what do I need to do to buy on Blue program? Already bought a Saker and an Osprey, might buy some rimfire stuff. My ID I have now is a Transitional ID, my new ID should be done in a week or two. Have my VA letter and my Combat Action Badge, Purple Heart stuff and an other medal, what is needed? Just spent 2600 on cans and now I see this. BTW took 2 months short of 5 years from the day I was medevac'd to get my rating. So I can be patient.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
batman4706
Silent Operator

Post by batman4706 »

Contact these guys and they can tell you, plus tell you who a local participating dealer is.

http://bhpolicesupply.com/?q=node/13
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Joker31D wrote: BTW took 2 months short of 5 years from the day I was medevac'd to get my rating. So I can be patient.
My son got 100% disability rating from the air force. Gets $3100 a month tax free ( plus COLA ) for the rest of his life. He had stomach surgery for peptic ulcers and he had some sinus issues. Never left the US. 9 months after he got out he got a check in the mail for $30,000 and he called the VA to find out what it was for and they essentially told him to not rock the boat. He's in grad school getting his MBA right now. Good timing I suppose.

I always tell people who thank me for my service that if they knew what I did in the Army they wouldnt be thanking me :D .
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I told my wife the same thing, If the people knew the stuff I did in Afghanistan they would try to have me hanged, not thanking me. So, no you may not want to thank me. My wife once said at least you didnt get killed, I said "I didnt give my life which is unfortunate, because the other option was giving my soul"

BTW, sent them an email requesting a pricelist, will see what they need as a verification, get my retired marked ID next week, now I only have my VA letter stating 100% Perm/Total and that it was combat service related. If I were running the program, I'd ask for verification of Combat duty (CIB,CAB,Combat Medics badge etc...) but I guess thats why they get the big bucks and I dont have to work anymore.

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
HansohnBrothers

Post by HansohnBrothers »

batman4706 wrote:Contact these guys and they can tell you, plus tell you who a local participating dealer is.

http://bhpolicesupply.com/?q=node/13
http://www.silencerco.com/speq
Hansohn Brothers, LLC
Culpeper, VA
www.HansohnBrothers.com
540-748-8155
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

The "discount" program is about the standard 10% that everyone else offers, its really not worth it for me to drive to the dealer that participates in the program, I was only going to buy a Sparrow, it was about what silencer shop charges. I guess it would mean more to someone who lived closer to a shop that accepted it. My dealer charges MSRP for all cans so I either pay or don't. He doesn't even give a flash hider with the Rifle cans or a booster with Pistol Cans, My Osprey was supposed to have a pouch, he took it out of my box and tried to sell it to me separate. Good thing is, once I buy, I dont have to see them again. All the dealers in my area are worthless, they stock Huntertown and sell over MSRP and charge for paperwork processing in some instances. Seen a place charge $100 paperwork fee for class 3 stuff, Even seen a place in Miami that was charging a storage fee to hold the can while you were waiting on paperwork, seen another charge for paperwork that was returned and not approved because of clerical errors when they were the ones filling it out. I hate most of the shops here, thats why I started transferring at a dealer for a set price for guns, buying everything over net. Hate to say, I wish they would close down.