Cycling issues with Saker 762

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

KimJong_Dyl_an

Cycling issues with Saker 762

Post by KimJong_Dyl_an »

I just got my new SiCo Saker 762 and took it out to the range for the first time today. The host weapon is a 10.5" ar pistol with regular buffer and spring, and m16 style bolt carrier, both Magpul and Lancer mags were used. Ammo used was pmc brass 55gr. I sighted the rifle in with slow shots from a rest and everything cycled fine, but when I tried doing some faster shots from standing the second round would almost always jam itself into the top of the chamber and press the bullet down into the neck.

Does anyone have a magic formula for this type setup that will make it run more reliably?
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cycling issues with Saker 762

Post by rimshaker »

Welcome. Nice can. I'm using a Saker 762 on a Colt 11.5" upper and works fine. Same PMC 55gr ammo also.

Do you experience the same issue with the can off? What buffer weight do you have? Normally an H2 or H3 is needed for SBR setups.
JPB

Post by JPB »

I'd swap that buffer out to an H3. I've got a DD 10.3 that cycles fine with the SAKER762 (W/.30 endcap), but results across the board seem to be varied. Most common cure for these types of cycling issues is a buffer adjustment.
KimJong_Dyl_an

Post by KimJong_Dyl_an »

Thanks for the replies. I went with a Spike's T3 buffer and shot it at the range today with no problems. Really nice can, may purchase the .223 endcap and see how it sounds.
jh1990
Silent Operator

Post by jh1990 »

KimJong_Dyl_an wrote:I just got my new SiCo Saker 762 and took it out to the range for the first time today. The host weapon is a 10.5" ar pistol with regular buffer and spring, and m16 style bolt carrier, both Magpul and Lancer mags were used. Ammo used was pmc brass 55gr. I sighted the rifle in with slow shots from a rest and everything cycled fine, but when I tried doing some faster shots from standing the second round would almost always jam itself into the top of the chamber and press the bullet down into the neck.

Does anyone have a magic formula for this type setup that will make it run more reliably?
Sounds like your rifle is over gassed. An adjustable gas block is what you need.