Specwar 762 stuck

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Tanner

Specwar 762 stuck

Post by Tanner »

Recently got my specwar 762 and have been running it on my AR and 308 bolt gun. Ive taken it out twice and both times its gotten stuck on the muzzle brake on the 308. I was able to get it off last time but this time no dice. Anyone got and advice?
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Specwar 762 stuck

Post by eastern_hunter »

I shoot my Specwar mostly on a 12.5" P308 SBR. Always comes off easily.

Can you not unlock the ring or is it not possible to turn the can on the threads? If is not possible to turn the can, you might try to get some penetrating oil into the area that could be collecting carbon at the slots in the brake itself.

I think I would ask Silencerco for an analysis of the problem. Perhaps the clearance around the brake is too small or the ammo is too dirty.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I can move the locking ring but thats it. I tried wacking it with a mallet to knock some stuff loose but that hasnt dont anything for me. It only happens on my 308 though.
Jstam

Post by Jstam »

Tanner, I am sorry to hear about your issue. It may help to heat the suppressor up a bit by either firing a few rounds or with a heat gun, then use the mallet on it. It sounds like it may be carbon locked. If you are not able to remove it we will be happy to get it back to us and take care of it for you. If you need to return it please email [email protected] and we will set you up with an RMA and label to get it back to us.
Best Regards,
Jacob Stam
Customer Service Manager
Silencerco
[email protected]
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

By any chance are you putting the suppressor on the .308 while its still hot from being fired on the AR10?

If so, try running 10 rounds or more fairly quickly through the bolt gun to get the can properly heated up (and expand) and then try removing it.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I tried the heat gun and got no result. The 10 rounds didnt do anything either. I use it on and AR15 and a bolt action .308 and i let i take it off to let it cool before putting it on the other. Ill have to email that silencerco email and see what they can do. Does anyone know how long that kinda stuff usually takes?
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Tanner wrote:I tried the heat gun and got no result. The 10 rounds didnt do anything either. I use it on and AR15 and a bolt action .308 and i let i take it off to let it cool before putting it on the other. Ill have to email that silencerco email and see what they can do. Does anyone know how long that kinda stuff usually takes?
Usually less than 2 weeks door to door...
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Tanner wrote:I tried the heat gun and got no result. The 10 rounds didnt do anything either. I use it on and AR15 and a bolt action .308 and i let i take it off to let it cool before putting it on the other. Ill have to email that silencerco email and see what they can do. Does anyone know how long that kinda stuff usually takes?
SiCo received, repaired, and shipped my Osprey on the same day. Door to door in one week including a three day weekend.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Just sent the email. How do i go about sending it back to them? Do i have to go through and FFL?
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Tanner wrote:Just sent the email. How do i go about sending it back to them? Do i have to go through and FFL?
No, you ship it directly to them.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Shipped my specwar off on the 9th and got it back today.
They got the old brake out and gave me a new one. I think they even re-anodized my specwar.
Awesome customer service!!
Jstam, Do you by chance what they did to get it unstuck?
S11033

Post by S11033 »

That's awesome. Reading threads like this is what made my choose the Specwar 7.62 as my first suppressor. Glad to hear they took care of it!