MAAD Blast Shield

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

schen8

MAAD Blast Shield

Post by schen8 »

Finally got tired of waiting around for AAC's 51T version which was announced at Shot Show last year and was suppose to be out late summer :P
I will cut them some slack cause of their major move to new facilities and ran into some hiccups from the sounds of it. However my patience was just about done when I caught wind of SiCo's ASR and MAAD Blast Shield! Quickly I had to contact SiCo Customer Service to get a little more details on the MAAD version and it's compatibility with 51T devices.

Fully compatible was what they said (using the 51T MAAD mount). SOLD!
Well it finally was up for sale during their After Xmas sale which I took advantage of and got the items I needed!
Sturdy lockup and sharp looking! I think this will help tame my obnoxiously loud and concussive Brakeout 2 device I have on my SBR :D

The only downside I had (which I didn't know since I don't have a SiCo rifle can using MAAD) was the need for special tools to help change the different MAAD mounts on it. :oops: :P And sadly SiCo's website was sold out of said Saker Tools...thankfully a lock shop in town had the tools for me to borrow as I made the swap out. :mrgreen:

Thank you SilencerCo for coming out with this device and for making it compatible with what I have!

jimbo45
Silent Operator

Re: MAAD Blast Shield

Post by jimbo45 »

yeah I had to go up to my lgs to borrow the tools to take it apart. I'm waiting on my 51t maad mount so I can give mine a try. Let us know how the gun shoots with it on there if you get a chance to shoot it soon. I would have been perfectly happy to buy the aac crd if they had bothered to put it out.
schen8

Post by schen8 »

jimbo45 wrote:yeah I had to go up to my lgs to borrow the tools to take it apart. I'm waiting on my 51t maad mount so I can give mine a try. Let us know how the gun shoots with it on there if you get a chance to shoot it soon. I would have been perfectly happy to buy the aac crd if they had bothered to put it out.
Will do :)
JLBourne

Post by JLBourne »

I picked one up too. I've put a few hundred rounds through it while shooting with a buddy. My host was 11.5" registered 5.56 SBR with SiCo three chamber brake. I normally run suppressed, but buddy doesn't own/run cans, so I decided to run blast shield. My first three shots were without the shield. Anyone that has shot using a 3 chamber brake on a 5.56 SBR without a can knows that it will rattle your teeth and this was no different. I put the shield on and went to town. Obviously night and day. My buddy was running a 14.5" 5.56 upper with Noveske flaming pig muzzle device and his gun sounded (felt?) like my 11.5. Putting this shield on an SBR w/ brake tames the concussion considerably. Worth it if you live in a state that doesn't allow silencers or you are with shooters that aren't running cans. A carbine class might be a pretty good use of this shield when you want the weight (speed) of your non-suppressed SBR without all the associated bass.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by what I actually received. Having previously put back an extra MAAD mount to better future proof my Sakers, I thought that the $108.50 charged to my debit card was only going to get me the shield and that I'd need to use my own extra MAAD module. When the package from SiCo arrived, the shield was attached to its own trifecta MAAD module in the sealed bag, a considerable bonus.
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

JLBourne wrote:I picked one up too. I've put a few hundred rounds through it while shooting with a buddy. My host was 11.5" registered 5.56 SBR with SiCo three chamber brake. I normally run suppressed, but buddy doesn't own/run cans, so I decided to run blast shield. My first three shots were without the shield. Anyone that has shot using a 3 chamber brake on a 5.56 SBR without a can knows that it will rattle your teeth and this was no different. I put the shield on and went to town. Obviously night and day. My buddy was running a 14.5" 5.56 upper with Noveske flaming pig muzzle device and his gun sounded (felt?) like my 11.5. Putting this shield on an SBR w/ brake tames the concussion considerably. Worth it if you live in a state that doesn't allow silencers or you are with shooters that aren't running cans. A carbine class might be a pretty good use of this shield when you want the weight (speed) of your non-suppressed SBR without all the associated bass.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by what I actually received. Having previously put back an extra MAAD mount to better future proof my Sakers, I thought that the $108.50 charged to my debit card was only going to get me the shield and that I'd need to use my own extra MAAD module. When the package from SiCo arrived, the shield was attached to its own trifecta MAAD module in the sealed bag, a considerable bonus.
yep the extra maad module was definitely a nice and unexpected bonus. plus they kindly agreed to switch it out for the 51t model. I am really impressed with silencerco.
schen8

Post by schen8 »

Well finally got off my ass and hit the range with the shield.
For "old time sake" I fired my first 5 rounds without it to be reminded of the concussive blast.

As JLBourne mentioned...works like a charm! :D Concussive blasts pushed forward and out.
So pretty much a permanent device (unless I throw on my AAC can). :D

@JLBourne if you are who I think you are....love your books man :)
bigash636
Silent Operator

Post by bigash636 »

So did you have to buy the blast shield and the $300 mount to make this 51t compatible?

http://www.store.silencerco.com/collect ... ast-shield
schen8

Post by schen8 »

bigash636 wrote:So did you have to buy the blast shield and the $300 mount to make this 51t compatible?

http://www.store.silencerco.com/collect ... ast-shield
Yes I did. You will need the 51t MAAD mount and the Blast Shield.
Also you'll need (unless you already own a SiCo Saker) Saker Tools to swap out the mount ends on the shield.
JLBourne

Post by JLBourne »

schen8 wrote:@JLBourne if you are who I think you are....love your books man :)
Yeah, it's me. Thanks, much appreciated. My blast shield has seen a thousand more rounds since I posted about it here originally and I couldn't be happier with it.
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com
rubiconag

Post by rubiconag »

Sorry to drag up an old thread but there is so much bad info out there I am trying to confirm.... I have the MAAD Trifecta brake and FH muzzle devices on several hosts already. A lot of times for lunch breaks I will go to my local indoor range and really don't need my Saker since everyone has to wear ear protection..

For those who have purchased the SiCo Blast Shield, can you confirm that selecting the MAAD option does in fact get you a Trifecta locking module with the shield? Some say it doesn't and the wording on SiCo's website is terrible! It's confusing on weather or not it comes with it. Thanks for the help!