SpecWar 556 or 556K open up to 6.8?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

SpecWar 556 or 556K open up to 6.8?

Post by yellowfin »

I absolutely love my SpecWar 762 and have a 556K on the way, might even spring for another since there's still time. I have all my rifles fitted with SpecWar mounts at the moment. Something popped into my head that I figured I'd run by you guys. The one thing I don't like about my 762 sometimes is the weight added on the end of a 16" or longer barrel when moving around a bit. I have one 6.8 upper so far and will probably do another. Something I know that another company did was offer their 556 cans in 6.8, same internals and everything just a larger hole through the middle so you could run 6.8 and 5.56 without having to go the full jump up to a .308 can. Would it be good to send the 556 can(s) to you guys to bore out to 6.8, and still be able to run 5.56 through it also? Or is this not recommended?
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: SpecWar 556 or 556K open up to 6.8?

Post by rimshaker »

They can't do that legally since it would change the caliber of the can.
Besides, i doubt Silco does any custom work for individual end users.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I doubt if you could tell the difference in sound between a 6.8 and 7.62 can. I shoot 6.5 Grendel from a 7.62 Saker and love it.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:I doubt if you could tell the difference in sound between a 6.8 and 7.62 can. I shoot 6.5 Grendel from a 7.62 Saker and love it.
I care about the weight--if I could get a SpecWar K in 6.8 it would weigh half as much as my 762 and cost less than a Saker.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net