anyone else have problems with SiCo threaded barrels?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

dan147

anyone else have problems with SiCo threaded barrels?

Post by dan147 »

I recently bought a Silencerco barrel for my glock 17, and I have had nothing but trouble since then. When I fire my pistol (suppressed or unsuppressed) ejection and the cycling is strong. But the gun hangs up when feeding a new round. The bullet tips will stick on the feedramp... this happens with both hollowpoints and ball.

To experiment, I fired off a mag and my gun was basically single-shot. Then, after changing nothing else, I put a dab of lube right on the feedramp. I fired off the next mag with no malfunctions whatsoever. This tells me that the feedramp on this barrel is either defective, or poorly designed. I have to constantly keep that feedramp lubed up to get reliable function out of my g17.

After comparing the silencerco barrel to my factory one, I have noticed that the sico ramp is both steeper and shorter than factory. I'm wondering if I should send the barrel back? Or maybe just buy a different brand...your thoughts?

Thanks
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: anyone else have problems with SiCo threaded barrels?

Post by fishman »

dan147 wrote: I'm wondering if I should send the barrel back? Or maybe just buy a different brand
Both
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

You could always try polishing the feed ramp. If lube works then polishing it may also work more permanently.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Personally I would call them and explain the situation. They will handle it. There is no way I would Jack with it. It's the principle of the thing here.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu