Can't clean Octane 9

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Can't clean Octane 9

Post by Delasangre4231 »

So I have been running the 3 lug mount and I havent been able to install the booster due to excessive carbon buildup inside the birdcage. I havent minded because I just kept using it on 3 lug but now I sold that gun and want to run pistols again. I can't however get the carbon out. I can't soak the tube with the birdcage or ultrasonic it like the rest of the steel parts. Soaking in solvent doesn't work and I tried Popsicle sticks which just splintered. So short of sending it back to Silencerco what other options do I have? Its also near impossible to get the blast baffle out even with the fingers on the improved version.
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
-Han
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can't clean Octane 9

Post by mbogo »

7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

Is that going to be safe on the aluminum tube and its finish?
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
-Han
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

I don't know for certain. Contact them.

mbogo
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Delasangre4231 wrote:So I have been running the 3 lug mount and I havent been able to install the booster due to excessive carbon buildup inside the birdcage. I havent minded because I just kept using it on 3 lug but now I sold that gun and want to run pistols again. I can't however get the carbon out. I can't soak the tube with the birdcage or ultrasonic it like the rest of the steel parts. Soaking in solvent doesn't work and I tried Popsicle sticks which just splintered. So short of sending it back to Silencerco what other options do I have? Its also near impossible to get the blast baffle out even with the fingers on the improved version.

I went through the same thing with my octane 45 HD. I put so many rounds of 9mm and 45 ACP that I could not get the baffles out of the tube. I ended up sending it back to Silencerco and they had it back to me in under 2 weeks. Seeing the baffles looking like brand new was amazing. I could tell the technician that had to service it had a "fun" time getting it out. a few scratch marks on the baffles but overall unharmed. If they break it they have to fixing it, that was my thought process. If that carbon killer stuff works let me know so I can avoid having to send it back to them in the future.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Well, after reading the description of Carbon Killer, it is NOT recommended for the exterior surfaces. You could plug one end, pour the Carbon Killer in, then plug the other end. Wipe off any CK that gets onto the exterior finish.

mbogo
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Typical moron issue.

Guys emphatically state that they will never buy a sealed can. They buy a take down can, put thousands of rounds through it and then, can not take it apart.

Like the full on retard here a couple of years ago that shot over 4k rounds through his sparrow and had to send it back to see if they could get it apart.