ASR brake issues

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Sthncmft

ASR brake issues

Post by Sthncmft »

I swapped 700's with a guy off a local forem. He wanted a 26" barrel and I wanted a 1-10 twist .308...no issues

I removed my ASR brake before trade. Remounted it on new 700. Now neither my specwar or hybrid will thread on the brake. I have a special wrench I ground flat so I can tighten or loosen a brake or trifecta mount on heavy barrels so I didn't touch the exterior threads for the QD mount... only thing I did was heat mount with torch to loosen it due to locktite working as advertised. Now I cannot get either can to mount. I have never had this issue before and have removed many mounts in this fashion.

Has anyone else experienced this? I never thought heat would mess a mount up. Any advice would be appreciated. Tks
BigBlockBobby

Re: ASR brake issues

Post by BigBlockBobby »

Detailed pics would go a long way with this one.
Sthncmft

Re: ASR brake issues

Post by Sthncmft »

Sorry for not following up on this thread. First, I was able to figure out the issue with the brake today. Apparently when I heated it up with the torch, I held it with a pliers as I turned it off with my flat wrench. Mount was so hot from torch. I must have held it too tight. I deformed the first port on the brake. The slight deformation kept the two cans from touching the threads. Flat filed it and buffed it. GTG

I did end up trying the Hybrid on the rest of my QD mounts. It will only go one turn on my trifecta mount. I measured the OAL of the mount from the ring to the tip of the longest prong and it is .145 longer than the distance from the baffle stack to the locking ring on the hybrid. You can see where the prong seems to be scraping the first baffle. Both surfaces are showing signs of scraping. This mount was purchased years ago when the mount first became available. To be clear I have been using the spec war for years on this mount. When I tried to use the Hybrid this evening is when I discovered this problem.

Does anyone know if these early trifecta mounts are not intended to be used with the Hybrid? Thanks