What are in inner threads of a trident 9?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

bellamy67
Silent Operator

What are in inner threads of a trident 9?

Post by bellamy67 »

I want to make sure the proper thread pitch it.
1 3/16-24 is this correct?

Thanks!
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Re: What are in inner threads of a trident 9?

Post by mpallett »

bellamy67 wrote:I want to make sure the proper thread pitch it.
1 3/16-24 is this correct?

Thanks!

Um .... why?

You should only be threading SWR mounts into a Trident and you should only be using Trident mounts in a Trident.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

I'm guessing he wants to connect his Trident body directly to the B&T TP9 pistol, so he's asking for the Trident thread insert specs so he can make/have an adapter made.

That is just a guess though.
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

TOOL1075 wrote:I'm guessing he wants to connect his Trident body directly to the B&T TP9 pistol, so he's asking for the Trident thread insert specs so he can make/have an adapter made.

Correct!
I was talking to tros about it and it would allow me to use one less adapter. Right now I use two adapters on one gun.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

you probably saw the TP9 thread in the main section- I'm using a TROS adapter in conjunction with his 3-lug adapter, with the SWR 3-lug mount. (so, two adapters, and a mount - 3 total attachment pieces)

I haven't shot it yet, but I think it has the potential to be really quiet....

The barrel shroud and TROS adapter combination should provide a relatively large expansion chamber for the gasses before they even enter the SWR 3-lug mount and then the Trident. We'll see!
mpallett

Post by mpallett »

bellamy67 wrote:
TOOL1075 wrote:I'm guessing he wants to connect his Trident body directly to the B&T TP9 pistol, so he's asking for the Trident thread insert specs so he can make/have an adapter made.

Correct!
I was talking to tros about it and it would allow me to use one less adapter. Right now I use two adapters on one gun.
Let me chat with Henry about it, and if we agree, we will give the specs to TROS.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

this is innovation in action, right here!
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

mpallett wrote:
bellamy67 wrote:

Correct!
Let me chat with Henry about it, and if we agree, we will give the specs to TROS.
Thanks, I just thought one less adapter would reduce the chance of a baffle strike.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

bellamy67 wrote:
mpallett wrote:
bellamy67 wrote: Correct!
Thanks, I just thought one less adapter would reduce the chance of a baffle strike.
how is your point of impact (POI) shift right now, using the adapters you are using? and is the POI shift consistent?
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

TOOL1075 wrote:
bellamy67 wrote:
mpallett wrote: Let me chat with Henry about it, and if we agree, we will give the specs to TROS.
how is your point of impact (POI) shift right now, using the adapters you are using? and is the POI shift consistent?
Well, with this gun... I pretty much spray everything. I adjusted the sites to the trident, quite well.

NOW... my rockriver 9mm pistol I can't even adjust the sites enough to site the damn gun in!
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

Any developments on this issue?
mpallett

Post by mpallett »

bellamy67 wrote:Any developments on this issue?
Your request is approved :)

I'm digging up the actual specs now and will get them to you.
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

mpallett wrote:

Thanks much appreciated!
bellamy67
Silent Operator

Post by bellamy67 »

mpallett wrote:

How it coming along? Mark from tros wants to confirm the correct thread pitch. Thanks
happycamper

Post by happycamper »

I know this is an old thread, but.... did SWR ever give the thread specs out? I have lost, put up, put away or did something with my 1/2-28 fixed adapter. Since I have a lathe and mill I can make my own but would like to confirm the thread pitch. Anyone?
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

happycamper wrote:I know this is an old thread, but.... did SWR ever give the thread specs out? I have lost, put up, put away or did something with my 1/2-28 fixed adapter. Since I have a lathe and mill I can make my own but would like to confirm the thread pitch. Anyone?
I searched my email and I can't find it. They didn't like giving it out because the silencers have been damaged by people making adapters incorrectly (threads too long, etc. Ask me how I know lol.....)

I will continue to search. When I recently called SilencerCo to ask about my Trident warranty, in the discussions I was informed that there were a little bit different types of threads used during the design life of the product, but I don't think that occured with the threads you are talking about. Anyway, I'll keep looking.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
happycamper

Post by happycamper »

Thank you!