just picked up the Spectre

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

btburn

just picked up the Spectre

Post by btburn »

Just got my Spectre and it is awesome. I had to shoot a few round when I got home. It is very well made and nice and quiet from the p22. Put it on the 10/22 and it was quiet but wouldn't cycle with the aquila subs. I'll try the Remingtons later.
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Aguila subs are good in a bolt action but lack the power to reliably cycle a semi. Try Aguila Standard Velocity for inexpensive plinking in your 10/22.
CCI subs and SV are very good and cycle, but are more expensive.
Remington subs will cycle OK, but are dirty and not very accurate in mine, but some report good results with it. YMMV.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

How was the balance on the P22? I have really been considering purchasing a Spectre, but do have some concerns that it will be too barrel heavy. I also think a little weight would help on target....
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

ncsu90 wrote:How was the balance on the P22? I have really been considering purchasing a Spectre, but do have some concerns that it will be too barrel heavy. I also think a little weight would help on target....
If this is any help, I have a Ruger Mk.I with the 5.5 bull barrel and a Mk.3 with a threaded Tac-Sol barrel. The Spectre on the Mk.3 is not as muzzle heavy as the Mk.I
Personally, I value the user serviceabilty of the Spectre over the weight difference of an aluminum can.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

ncsu90 wrote:How was the balance on the P22? I have really been considering purchasing a Spectre, but do have some concerns that it will be too barrel heavy. I also think a little weight would help on target....
My 7 year old shoots my P22 with the Spectre.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

mpallett wrote:
My 7 year old shoots my P22 with the Spectre.
^THIS. seriously the weight is not even an issue.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

+1 to Matt.

I have a Warlock and a Spectre.

Neither is what I would consider "heavy" IMHO.
NFAtalk.org
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

Thanks for all of the replies. I've been hung up on another .22 suppressor for some time now, and really wanted to hear some first hand accounts. Everyone seems very happy with the Spectre, but I have seen some people post about how heavy they are. I shoot a Cobra M2 on a P229 and CZ85 with no problem, in fact, I think it helps me stay on target better. One thing that has always impressed me with SWR is the customer service that everyone seems to get. I've hovered on this part of the forum for quite a bit of time, and haven't seen any problems that SWR didn't go out of their way to fix. That means alot to me as a potential customer.

I would love to find a Spectre in stock somewhere in North Carolina just to have the opportunity to check it out before purchasing it.
Anyone know of any in stock somewhere in central NC?

I own a Mite now, and I am actually very happy with it, so much so that sometime I find it difficult to justify purchasing another 22 suppressor, but I would like to dedicate it to my CZ452 and find something else for my handguns. Dancy Arms is where I have been buying my suppressors, and as you can tell, he is a YHM dealer. He also carries Tactical Inovation line, but can transfer anything.

btburn, sorry about jacking your thread, congratulation on your purchase.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

ncsu90 wrote:Everyone seems very happy with the Spectre, but I have seen some people post about how heavy they are.
It can be noticable, especially if the host is really light, like a TacSol upper on a Ruger. It's bizarre to actually feel recoil from a .22 - that's how light those are. Soundwise I certainly have no complaints. It's a hell of a can.

You may want to consider one of the new Prodigys, or the Element. I was surprised how small the Element was when I saw it in person. If you can try either of them, do so, you're better off hearing as many options as possible.

I don't know how much the new Thompson Machine mini can weighs, or how quiet it is, but you may want to look at that. There's also the AWC Titan Three, but it doesn't have a rep for being super quiet.
Plunky
Silent But Deadly

Post by Plunky »

ncsu90 wrote:Thanks for all of the replies. I've been hung up on another .22 suppressor for some time now, and really wanted to hear some first hand accounts. Everyone seems very happy with the Spectre, but I have seen some people post about how heavy they are.
I have a Tac65, Silencerco Sparrow and a buddy of mine has a Mite. I have a Spectre that has been pending for some time now as well. The TAC65 & the Mite are both louder than the Spectre. The Sparrow sounds similar to my ears to the Spectre, but I got the Spectre to suppress a 22mag & 17HMR.

I have a Ruger 22/45 with a Pac-Lite upper as one host & the Specter weighs more than the pistol, which does make it nose heavy, lol. It does not bother me or anyone else who has tried it though. You will like the Spectre for sure IMHO.
btburn

Post by btburn »

It's not balanced, but it's not an issue really. The P22 is my wifes and I'm waiting for my buckmark to come back from threading. It shoots great.
The remington subs ran great through it. The Aquila's have a solvent smell.
btburn

Post by btburn »

It's not balanced, but it's not an issue really. The P22 is my wifes and I'm waiting for my buckmark to come back from threading. It shoots great.
The remington subs ran great through it. The Aquila's have a solvent smell.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Who has the best price on a Spectre right now?
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
gthirteen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gthirteen »

I think there's a Spectre in the Silencer Talk equipment exchange in NC?
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

chingon wrote:Who has the best price on a Spectre right now?
We've got Spectres in stock at a VERY low price.

Gimme a call at 918-808-3661 and I can give you a price quote! :P
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

Give us a call and let us earn your business.

Malcolm
256-783-5309
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
Xringshooter

Post by Xringshooter »

I just got my very first suppressor, a Spectre, which I mounted on a Ruger MkIII 5.5 bull barrel. I like the weight distribution. I've only shot 20 rounds through it but I love it so far. I rebuilt a 10/22 with a Tactical Solutions barrel and this weekend it will get a workout too see what it does.
Ron
USAF Ret. E-8
NRA Endowment Member