Decibel readings for Five-seveN?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Decibel readings for Five-seveN?

Post by FSCJedi »

Hey guys, I have one of your Spectres and was checking out the new website layout the other day. I noticed you have decibel readings for various .22LR hosts, but none for the Five-seveN. Any chance of getting those added to the website, or at least posted here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them! Pretty please with sugar on top? :D Thanks!

P.S. What about Ruger Mark II/III or Browning Buck Mark hosts?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
mac man
Elite Member

Re: Decibel readings for Five-seveN?

Post by mac man »

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

I'm not a member. Can I get a quotation? :?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

Membership is free, and the test data is free.

The moderators have asked that the data not be shared abroad since its free to join and see.
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

jppd47 wrote:Membership is free, and the test data is free.

The moderators have asked that the data not be shared abroad since its free to join and see.
Gotcha. Ok, I signed up to check it out. I'm still curious to see if SWR is willing to put up on their site their measured results for the Five-seveN, though?

Henry Graham
Industry Professional

Post by Henry Graham »

We are willing but it has been over a year since we tested the 5.7 pistol so I do not have any of the data handy. The pistol is in a crate on the way to Vegas for Shot so it will be over a month before I could test again.
Rugged Suppressors
Travelers Rest SC
ruggedsuppressors.com
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Henry/SWR wrote:We are willing but it has been over a year since we tested the 5.7 pistol so I do not have any of the data handy. The pistol is in a crate on the way to Vegas for Shot so it will be over a month before I could test again.
Thanks, Henry! That's cool that you're willing to do it. I'm willing to wait. 8)

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Henry/SWR wrote:We are willing but it has been over a year since we tested the 5.7 pistol so I do not have any of the data handy. The pistol is in a crate on the way to Vegas for Shot so it will be over a month before I could test again.
Hey Henry, any word on when SWR might be able to do some testing with the Spectre for the Five-seveN in the popular cartridges?

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Hoooooooow... about now? :lol:

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Hi Henry. I'm sure you guys have been busy putting out your new stuff, but did you get a chance to do some readings on the Five-seveN yet? Just checking in. Thanks!

JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

As an aside, it'sgreat that there is testing info at NFAtalk, but the numbers are so disorganized- the testing dates are so spread out and there's hardly a pair of numbers that use the same host. Very hard (actually impossible) to compare the results to each other...

I'm sure it will expand and improve over time.
Kick Ass Design