SWR Renegade Manual

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

jmacken37
Silent Operator

SWR Renegade Manual

Post by jmacken37 »

Hello,

I get an error/bad link when I try to get the Renegade manual. Is it available somewhere else?

Thanks,

Jake

P.S. I just got the Renegade from Hipes Consulting Services and it looks great. Great CS from HCS, too!
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Re: SWR Renegade Manual

Post by mpallett »

jmacken37 wrote:Hello,

I get an error/bad link when I try to get the Renegade manual. Is it available somewhere else?

Thanks,

Jake

P.S. I just got the Renegade from Hipes Consulting Services and it looks great. Great CS from HCS, too!

I'll get that fixed.

email me .... [email protected] and I will send it to you.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
mpallett

Post by mpallett »

Link is fixed.
jmacken37
Silent Operator

Post by jmacken37 »

Thanks for the fix and for emailing me the file!

Could you interpret the following for me from the installation section:
5. Rotate the clockwise to drive the gas check into the Flash Hider. This snugs the suppressor against the Flash Hider and forms a secure tight connection. The first time mounting the suppressor, it might take multiple rotations to drive the gas check into the Flash Hider.
I suspect the manual is referring to rotating the entire suppressor? I noticed that after several installation/removal cycles, I'd rotated the gas check thingy completely out of the can. I was staring at the piece trying to figure out how to jam my fingers into the base of the can, when I realized that the FH holds the gas check piece nicely. I then rotated the entire can counter-clockwise to screw the gas check piece back into the base of the can. Is there a better way to do the install/uninstall so I don't separate these parts?

Thanks,

Jake
mpallett

Post by mpallett »

jmacken37 wrote:Thanks for the fix and for emailing me the file!

Could you interpret the following for me from the installation section:
5. Rotate the clockwise to drive the gas check into the Flash Hider. This snugs the suppressor against the Flash Hider and forms a secure tight connection. The first time mounting the suppressor, it might take multiple rotations to drive the gas check into the Flash Hider.
I suspect the manual is referring to rotating the entire suppressor? I noticed that after several installation/removal cycles, I'd rotated the gas check thingy completely out of the can. I was staring at the piece trying to figure out how to jam my fingers into the base of the can, when I realized that the FH holds the gas check piece nicely. I then rotated the entire can counter-clockwise to screw the gas check piece back into the base of the can. Is there a better way to do the install/uninstall so I don't separate these parts?

Thanks,

Jake
Wow ... I read that like 40 times and missed it, and everyone else did as well. I will fix it.

I don't have the suppressor in front of me but ...

You want to rotate the suppressor clockwise and it will jam the gas check into the flash hider. If it is coming apart, then the tabs were not engaged in the BFA groves.

Once you have done this once, you should only have to move the suppressor 1/4 turn at MOST to instal and remove it from that rifle.

if this doesn't make sense, give us a call on Monday and we can try to talk you through it.

I'm going to update the manual now and put a new copy up.
jmacken37
Silent Operator

Post by jmacken37 »

In a former life, I did a bit of editing... :D

Shoot me your new manuals and I'll look them over gratis!

Jake
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

Just ordered the renegade and it is my first suppressor. For anyone who has received one what are your impressions? I originally pre-ordered the SWR Specwar but ordered the Renegade instead for various reasons. I have heared great things about SWR products, my question (and this is not meant to be shot at SWR) is how secure is the Renegade in terms of mounting? Does there appear to be any chance of the can loosening during extended shooting (like i've heared about the Gemtech Halo)?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
-BG
jmacken37
Silent Operator

Post by jmacken37 »

bg556 wrote:Just ordered the renegade and it is my first suppressor. For anyone who has received one what are your impressions? I originally pre-ordered the SWR Specwar but ordered the Renegade instead for various reasons. I have heared great things about SWR products, my question (and this is not meant to be shot at SWR) is how secure is the Renegade in terms of mounting? Does there appear to be any chance of the can loosening during extended shooting (like i've heared about the Gemtech Halo)?
-BG
I've had exactly 1 range trip with the Renegade so take my "insights" with a grain of salt. I shot it on an HK416 10.4" rifle and compared it to an AAC M4-2000 on a 10.5" DI rifle. My shooting partner and I could not detect a difference in the sound signature. Of course, this is completely unscientific, but given that piston guns (HK416) are generally louder when suppressed than DI guns, I'd say the Renegade is at least as quiet and maybe quieter than the AAC M4-2000.

As far as mounting, I'm not sure. The mounting scheme takes a bit of getting used to. It is not as intuitive as some of the other mounts out there, but it DOES allow use of a standard FH. The can seemed to have loosened after a string of shooting, but it may have been my mounting skill deficiency. Things I've noticed...

1) the ratcheting system seems loose at times
2) it can be hard to unlock the mount completely without unscrewing the can a bit (not sure if that is supposed to be needed)
3) I can never remember which way to turn the collar and then which way to tighten the can

Jake
Henry Graham
Industry Professional

Post by Henry Graham »

The ratchet system is just there to hold the swing arms in position before you rotate the can. The torque you impart by rotating the suppressor keeps the swing arms in position while firing. This takes the resistance off the locking collar and allows it to rotate a few degrees, so the spring will seem loose.

You have to uninstall the suppressor in the reverse of installation. To install, drop the can on the flash hider, rotate the locking collar clockwise (if you are looking at the can from the mount end), rotate the suppressor counter clockwise. The act of rotating the suppressor drives the gas check against the inside taper of the flash hider and pulls the swing arms against the front of the BFA groove.
So to uninstall rotate the suppressor clockwise(if you are looking at the can from the mount end). Rotating the suppressor pulls the gas check out of the flash hider and takes the pressure off the swing arms allowing you to rotate the collar. Rotating the collar cams the swing arms out of the BFA groove.
Rugged Suppressors
Travelers Rest SC
ruggedsuppressors.com
jmacken37
Silent Operator

Post by jmacken37 »

So, once the can is tightend down, it is normal for the collar to turn a few degrees and seem loose? I was worried that my ratchet was bad.

Jake
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

jmacken37 wrote:
bg556 wrote:Just ordered the renegade and it is my first suppressor. For anyone who has received one what are your impressions? I originally pre-ordered the SWR Specwar but ordered the Renegade instead for various reasons. I have heared great things about SWR products, my question (and this is not meant to be shot at SWR) is how secure is the Renegade in terms of mounting? Does there appear to be any chance of the can loosening during extended shooting (like i've heared about the Gemtech Halo)?
-BG
I've had exactly 1 range trip with the Renegade so take my "insights" with a grain of salt. I shot it on an HK416 10.4" rifle and compared it to an AAC M4-2000 on a 10.5" DI rifle. My shooting partner and I could not detect a difference in the sound signature. Of course, this is completely unscientific, but given that piston guns (HK416) are generally louder when suppressed than DI guns, I'd say the Renegade is at least as quiet and maybe quieter than the AAC M4-2000.

As far as mounting, I'm not sure. The mounting scheme takes a bit of getting used to. It is not as intuitive as some of the other mounts out there, but it DOES allow use of a standard FH. The can seemed to have loosened after a string of shooting, but it may have been my mounting skill deficiency. Things I've noticed...

1) the ratcheting system seems loose at times
2) it can be hard to unlock the mount completely without unscrewing the can a bit (not sure if that is supposed to be needed)
3) I can never remember which way to turn the collar and then which way to tighten the can

Jake
Thanks for the review. I understand it was only one session but did you notice any POI shifts, were they repeatable? Also, you say the can started to loosen after a string of shooting; do you recall how many rounds were fired through it before you noticed (or is the loosenes referring to the ratcheting system and not the suppressor itself)?
jmacken37
Silent Operator

Post by jmacken37 »

bg556 wrote: Thanks for the review. I understand it was only one session but did you notice any POI shifts, were they repeatable? Also, you say the can started to loosen after a string of shooting; do you recall how many rounds were fired through it before you noticed (or is the loosenes referring to the ratcheting system and not the suppressor itself)?
I had another range trip yesterday. The POI does shift (2-3") with the can on. As far as repeatability, the mounting system is somewhat fluid, so I suspect that when I remount the can, my POI will be a bit different. I'll keep trying it out. I've got a 2-day carbine class this weekend.

As far as loosening, the can seemed to stay solid for the 100 rounds I shot, including several mags of FA. The ratchet seems a bit loose, but I guess this is designed.

Jake
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

jmacken37 wrote:
bg556 wrote: Thanks for the review. I understand it was only one session but did you notice any POI shifts, were they repeatable? Also, you say the can started to loosen after a string of shooting; do you recall how many rounds were fired through it before you noticed (or is the loosenes referring to the ratcheting system and not the suppressor itself)?
I had another range trip yesterday. The POI does shift (2-3") with the can on. As far as repeatability, the mounting system is somewhat fluid, so I suspect that when I remount the can, my POI will be a bit different. I'll keep trying it out. I've got a 2-day carbine class this weekend.

As far as loosening, the can seemed to stay solid for the 100 rounds I shot, including several mags of FA. The ratchet seems a bit loose, but I guess this is designed.

Jake
Thanks for the input. Good luck in the carbine class. If you can, let us no how the can performs.
Thanks,
-bg