O-rings

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Conaso

O-rings

Post by Conaso »

Waiting BATFE paperwork for 22Sparrow but I ordered and received the thread protector and O-ring kit. Want to have CZ453 threaded but, not having the suppressor, can't figure how the o-rings work. I see the thread protector has a 13 o-ring to keep it from lossening but where does the extra 13, and especially the 18 o-rings go?
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Re: O-rings

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

Conaso wrote:Waiting BATFE paperwork for 22Sparrow but I ordered and received the thread protector and O-ring kit. Want to have CZ453 threaded but, not having the suppressor, can't figure how the o-rings work. I see the thread protector has a 13 o-ring to keep it from lossening but where does the extra 13, and especially the 18 o-rings go?
There is a 13 O-ring at the end of the threads in your 22Sparrow. This helps keep the suppressor and host threads clean and unfouled. It also provides a slight tension effect to keep the suppressor tighter for longer periods when being fired. The 18's are for the core/half pipe interface around the core itself. There is a great video on cleaning the 22sparrow on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Silencerco? ... 9UwBsynZ3M
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
Conaso

Post by Conaso »

Thanks for the info. Without the 22Sparrow in hand, I was without a clue. My dealer said he submitted for his suppressor in Feb and received paperwork earlier in May. I submitted late March, so I hope in June I get my first can.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

Conaso wrote:Thanks for the info. Without the 22Sparrow in hand, I was without a clue. My dealer said he submitted for his suppressor in Feb and received paperwork earlier in May. I submitted late March, so I hope in June I get my first can.
Sooner rather than later hopefully! :D
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
Augydoggy

Post by Augydoggy »

*thread hijack mode enabled*

Hi guys (especially the Silencerco guys!) :D

I've got a Sparrow inbound and was wondering if I'll have O ring issues with a Ruger 22/45 host. I've heard that the threaded portion is a little long for proper o ring engagement...
Thanks for the info!
BTW...my Form 4 on the .45 Osprey is due any day...can't wait!
Augy

*thread hijack mode disabled*
zombiehunter

Post by zombiehunter »

Augydoggy wrote: I've got a Sparrow inbound and was wondering if I'll have O ring issues with a Ruger 22/45 host. I've heard that the threaded portion is a little long for proper o ring engagement...
Thanks for the info!
Capt. Hijacker :lol: - Not sure what upper you're running on your 22/45, but my Sparrow spends more time on my TacSol Pac-Lite (mounted on a 22/45 lower) than any other host and I haven't noticed any problems.