Trident 3-lug adapter does not fit over RCM MP5 Navy barrel

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

gman552
Silent Operator

Trident 3-lug adapter does not fit over RCM MP5 Navy barrel

Post by gman552 »

Just received a Trident 3-lug adapter from SWR/Silencerco to use on my SBR'd ATI MKE 94 pistol. The original MKE barrel had been replaced with a Rim Country Manufacturing MP5 Navy 3-lug/threaded (1/2" x 28) barrel by the manufacturer of the SBR (Long Mountain Outfitters in Las Vegas, NV).

Unfortunately, the Trident with the 3-lug adapter will only push down so far, with approximately 1/8" of the rear of all three barrel lugs still visible, as the adapter piston will travel forward no further. This prevents me from twisting the Trident counterclockwise to lock it in place.

I also had to remove the knurled thread protector from the barrel, as the adapter piston will not fit over it.

Is there a fix, or will I just have to get a 1/2" x 28 fixed screw-on adapter? :(

(Edit for spelling.)
Last edited by gman552 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Trident 3-lug adapter does not fit over RCM MP5 Navy bar

Post by Bendersquint »

gman552 wrote:Just received a Trident 3-lug adapter from SWR/Silencerco to use on my SBR'd ATI MKE 94 pistol. The original MKE barrel had been replaced with a Rim Country Manufacturing MP5 Navy 3-lug/threaded (1/2" x 28) barrel by the manufacturer of the SBR (Long Mountain Outfitters in Las Vegas, NV).

Unfortunately, the Trident with the 3-lug adapter will only push down so far, with approximately 1/8" of the rear of all three barrel lugs still visible, as the adapter piston will travel forward no further. This prevents me from twisting the Trident counterclockwise to lock it in place.

I also had to remove the knurled thread protector from the barrel, as the adapter piston fill not fit over it.

Is there a fix, or will I just have to get a 1/2" x 28 fixed screw-on adapter? :(
It has happened in the past, especially with RCM barrels they are a smidgen oversized in my experience.

Henry or Gary will get you taken care of! They fully stand behind their products!
Hayden_SilencerCo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hayden_SilencerCo »

gman552 wrote:Just received a Trident 3-lug adapter from SWR/Silencerco to use on my SBR'd ATI MKE 94 pistol. The original MKE barrel had been replaced with a Rim Country Manufacturing MP5 Navy 3-lug/threaded (1/2" x 28) barrel by the manufacturer of the SBR (Long Mountain Outfitters in Las Vegas, NV).

I also had to remove the knurled thread protector from the barrel, as the adapter piston fill not fit over it.

Send me an email and I will make sure we can get something figured out for you on Monday.
HAYDEN HENDERSON

SWR Social Media Director
[email protected]
www.swrsuppressors.com
5511 South 6055 West
West Valley City, UT 84118

801/4175384 o
801/4175002 f
gman552
Silent Operator

Post by gman552 »

Hayden, thanks for your post. E-mail sent.