transfer taking over a year still no answer still pending

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

imyomama
Silent But Deadly

transfer taking over a year still no answer still pending

Post by imyomama »

Has anyone ever heard of it taking this long ? I have been waiting a year and 2 months now ... and still no word when I call my dealer !

this is an item that is being transferred to him first .. so I have no way to call to get an update .
We have an agreement once he gets it back and that we start the process to transfer to me ...

I keep calling and getting the same answer that there are no problems / or rejections on the paperwork .. just that it's still pending !

I trust the dealer , and what they are telling me as they are a reputable business , but the timelines just don't add up ... can the ATF really hold paperwork that long ?
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: transfer taking over a year still no answer still pendi

Post by cyclone72 »

Yes but rare as hens teeth but that was on a form 4 dealer to buyer.Sounds fishy to me. Is it on a form 3 dealer to dealer or form 4 seller to dealer?
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

ATF can sit on that paperwork as long as they want to but normally dont.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Once he gets it back? If he had it where/why did he send it somewhere?
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I think he means once the dealer gets the paperwork back so he can take possession of the item to be transferred.

Always work with a stocking dealer. Sometimes dealers claim to have stuff or claim that it's on the way but it's impossible to predict delays if the item is not actually in stock, in hand.

So you ordered an item from a dealer who didn't have it in stock, may not even have had it on order and maybe the manufacturer doesn't even have any finished for the dealer to buy yet.

Do you have a serial number for the item in question? I'm not asking for the serial number but if you had a number that would at least give you a warm fuzzy the item actually exists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

What's up with that video link of yours?
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Short story.

I believe it to be an accurate representation of the meaningful portion of Democratic party conventions.

Long story.

I can't link an image there any more, something changed a while back. If you had an image in your signature already it stayed there but if you tried to change it you lost it.

You also can't change things like the theme or your native language (it's stuck on British English) from the UCP so it's also a metaphor for how this site is administered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Huntindoc

Post by Huntindoc »

If I understand your question: You are doing an out of state transfer from an individual to a dealer in your state then transfer from that dealer to you on a form 4. Correct?

If so you are indeed screwed. I would guess someone did not submit the paperwork at all or screwed it up royally. I did the same type of transfer this past summer. Transfer time from the out of state seller to my in state dealer was less than 3 weeks.

Contact the seller. Find a different in state dealer. Have the seller contact the ATF. They can have the seller re-submit a new transfer form with the new dealer's information.
3154tm
Silent Operator

Post by 3154tm »

first, others here will have more experience in this than i.
but, i've just done 3 transfers from seller to dealer in the last 4 months, two macs and a suppressor. two were from dealer to dealer and one from and individual to dealer. the first two took less then a month each and the last one took almost 8 weeks. the individual said he screwed up the paper work and had to resubmit it. i started to worry and called atf and was informed that only the persons named on the form 4 could inquire, meaning the sender or the dealer. i called my dealer and he agreed to call. however, over the weekend the seller called with the info that the paper work had come back and he had sent the item and gave me the tracking number. sure enough, the next day it was here.
point being, your dealer should be able to call atf and see what the hold up is. and if he won't ask the seller to do it. seems unlikely that anyone would screw around with the BATF. i could think of less risky ways to commit fraud.
lotsaluck,
frank
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Or everybody in America is buying nfa. Hell it took me 7 months to get my lazy ass to take the forms to the post office.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Sure you did not get taken for a ride?