Sold my WASR

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ranb
Silent But Deadly

Sold my WASR

Post by ranb »

Since 2011 I had a standing offer to anyone who was interested; buy my suppressed WASR-10 for $600. I set back the front sight and threaded the muzzle (9/16-14) to hold a form 1 reflex type silencer I made from scrap left over from other projects. It worked ok but had lots of trigger slap, refused to feed RN bullets and I was not able to make it cycle with subsonic ammo. A heavier spring and grinding on the trigger group eliminated most of the trigger slap but I still did not enjoy shooting it, so it had to go. I have a stock SKS that I like to shoot more. No one was interested in it until last Saturday.

I was talking to a guy at the range about silencers and told him about my $600 WASR. He was interested and we made a deal. Then I went home and looked at gun broker to see that WASR's were going for $400 and up depending on condition (mine is fair) and do-dads attached. The buyer tried to talk me down by complaining about the condition and that he didn't want the silencer (afraid of ATF). I told him $600 was firm so after I got a look at his DL and CCW, he gave me $600 for it. This will finance my next two silencer projects.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sold my WASR

Post by dtom29 »

I sold mine (I paid $250 tax and all) for $1000....I've had a rule that I never sell guns but with 9 AK's I figured I could let this one go.
ACKF
Silent Operator

Re: Sold my WASR

Post by ACKF »

I can't seem to part with mine yet.
Hungarian SA 85 unissued kit
Bulgy AK74 sidefolder unissued kit
Bulgy AK 74 straight stock unissued kit
Bulgy AK74U Krink unissued kit
Yugo M92 unissued kit
Romy G unissued kit

I built all of those on NDS receivers and can't seem to part with them. I was however THinking of maybe putting another unbuilt unissued yugo M92 kit on GB to see what it would bring.