M203 manufacturers

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

kalikraven
Elite Member

M203 manufacturers

Post by kalikraven »

Who makes the M203? I thought that there was a company that made them pretty cheap and sold them as a title one gun without the barrel.
I'd like to get a rail mount version but I have a hard time spending $2K for a product that has very few moving parts and is of 1960's techknowlogy. Why are they so damn exspensive there aint much to them. I guess it must be supply ans demand.
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

An LMT without the barrel is ~$1300. Everything else I have seen is lower quality 37mm. I'd just cough up the extra $500 to get one ready to go from the factory.

Your local dealer might cut you some slack off of full retail but, if they are a DD dealer, expect to pay a premium because they probably don't sell many DDs to spread the tax surcharge on. I have 9 Form 4's in various states to one possible DD Form 4. My dealer can pay his S.O.T. on my orders and I'm not his only customer!

You may want to checkout Randy Shivak (aka 40mm.com). In the end, a DD is probably cheaper from LMT.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Shivak is the one normally sold without the barrel. However, it is more expensive than an LMT.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

As my closest buddy says......
"It's only money, go out and make some more"

Buy the LMT and be the envy on the firing line.

40mm is very affordable......you must remember only
to fire two or three rounds.