Time limit to send F1

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Time limit to send F1

Post by samson7x »

I filled out a Form 1 back in Feb and got CLEO signature at that time. I'm just now getting around to sending it off to BATFE. Is there some sort of time limit stating "after X months, the form is no good?" Therefore I will have to fill out another one? May be a dumb question, I dunno.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Time limit to send F1

Post by Bendersquint »

samson7x wrote:I filled out a Form 1 back in Feb and got CLEO signature at that time. I'm just now getting around to sending it off to BATFE. Is there some sort of time limit stating "after X months, the form is no good?" Therefore I will have to fill out another one? May be a dumb question, I dunno.
ATF says "4-6 months".

After that you need to be recertified by your CLEO that you didn't become a bad boy in that last little bit.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

Gotcha, makes sense.

Thanks B
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

Bendersquint wrote: ATF says "4-6 months".
The number I most commonly hear is 1 year from when the chief signs it. ATF likely won't even look at it in 4 months, even if you mail it in the same day the CLEO signs it. :(
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

Garrett wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: ATF says "4-6 months".
The number I most commonly hear is 1 year from when the chief signs it. ATF likely won't even look at it in 4 months, even if you mail it in the same day the CLEO signs it. :(

I already sent it but I called the ATF and the gentlemen (not my examiner) told me 1 year as well, but it was the fingerprint cards that were the concern.
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

I have a cousin that wanted to by some suppressors last year. He purchased 2 AAC suppressors and got the forms from the dealer late last year and had the CLEO sign but to this day never got his finger prints done or payed the $200 taxes and sent them off. So now he is in a bit of a spot. Either get new forms and re-sign or try and have the dealer sell them to get his money back. Sadly this is no surprise to me as he is absent minded.
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
Wakko
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wakko »

On a trust route, the times wouldn't matter then, right?
Heroes never die.