FA .22LR options?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rjacobs
Senior Silent Operator

Re: FA .22LR options?

Post by rjacobs »

SpyderArms wrote:I would go with the M16. They can be had for around $12,000.
Ive got 12k, where are these 12k M16's that you speak of?

And im not talking a cast essential arms receiver or a DIAS.
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

DIAS's these days are selling for well North of $20K. Probably the absolute cheapest registered receiver would be either a big-hole converted Colt Sporter, or a PAWS or Oly RR.

It's possible with a little effort to find one for $12K I think. Probably $14K is more realistic.

Machine Gun Price Guide
http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/htm ... uides.html

Shows AR-15 RR (ALL MODELS) to be around $16.5, but PAWS and OLY are "less desirable" than prancing pony variants.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Well, work has been incredibly busy and it doesn't look like I'll owe the IRS anymore than I've already paid. I've managed to sock away about 28k. I can't quite get over the hurdle of spending that kind of dough on a gun though.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

MJF1911 wrote:Well, work has been incredibly busy and it doesn't look like I'll owe the IRS anymore than I've already paid. I've managed to sock away about 28k. I can't quite get over the hurdle of spending that kind of dough on a gun though.
Same here, but i want that full auto m16 lower oh so bad.....damn you 300 BLK lol.
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

Go for it, guys. The only way you'd lose that money is if the current way of owning a MG is legislated away. Otherwise, the odds of the MG market "crashing" is pretty slim.

There isn't a single MG variant on the price guide that has gone down in value except for some blips associated with ammo costs for belt feds like MG-34/42, Ma Deuce, etc. And even those are back up.

Think of it like a $20K CD that you can have a blast with! :lol:
SpyderArms

Post by SpyderArms »

I go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot every April and October. I always see a few for that price.
SpyderArms.com
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
[email protected]