eforms down indefinitely

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

sendit223

eforms down indefinitely

Post by sendit223 »

Well darn it....

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

Sendit
We live in the Golden Age of Silencers
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: eforms down indefinitely

Post by Wahnsinn »

Well that certainly does suck.
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

I wonder what will happen to Forms that have been submitted in the system for little over a month?
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

According to the notification, all submitted forms will process normally. If you have a draft in the system, you have to start all over again, and go the paper route.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

RJT wrote:According to the notification, all submitted forms will process normally. If you have a draft in the system, you have to start all over again, and go the paper route.
Good deal I have a Form 1 & Form 4 submitted just over a month ago.
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

yeah this sucks, I have 2 suppressors on eForm 3's that are still waiting to be received by my dealer, so once he receives them I will have to decide if I want to do eForm's(hopefully) or paper forms....

Right now I have 3 SBR's submitted and 1 Suppressor on eform's

Think the site will come back online on July 2? (41p joke...)
rckshrk

Post by rckshrk »

Has anyone received or know of anyone who has received an approved e-filed form since the indefinite e-form shutdown?
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

I sumitted an e-form 1 back in November 2013; nothing yet.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

http://www.silencershop.com/support/atf-wait-times/

Updated daily. At least you can get an idea of how long things are taking.
rckshrk

Post by rckshrk »

RJT wrote:http://www.silencershop.com/support/atf-wait-times/

Updated daily. At least you can get an idea of how long things are taking.
Watching their website is what has me concerned. I haven't noticed any changes in the e-filed dates since the indefinite stop. I'm expecting their e-file date to go blank soon since it's suppose to be a one week window. I hope not, but we'll see.
rckshrk

Post by rckshrk »

ranb wrote:I sumitted an e-form 1 back in November 2013; nothing yet.

Ranb
Same here. I normally have no problem waiting but I admittedly start getting anxious and excited as I see guys around me with similar dates starting to get their approvals. I was right on the edge and now it seems the edge has moved with no real sign of how far it has moved.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Remember, it only went down 3 days ago.....

I have 2 form 4s on eForms at this time. The first one was 2/16, and the second on 3/24. NFA branch told me about 5 months, I would bet yours are in any time now.
rckshrk

Post by rckshrk »

RJT wrote:Remember, it only went down 3 days ago.....

I have 2 form 4s on eForms at this time. The first one was 2/16, and the second on 3/24. NFA branch told me about 5 months, I would bet yours are in any time now.
My count shows 6 days... Make that 7 days now (late night shift for me) or going into the 5th business day with no updates any where. Not that big of a deal but my take is that it's not the norm either.
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

Where are you all seeing down indefinitly. The site is up and running when I go there. It just says they are trying hard to make it better. It does look like they may have stopped accepting form 3 and 4 for a while but its still up...
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
-Han
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

I got the long e-mail that many others did about the e-file system. It said in part that e-file forms were taking <100 days. I wrote back saying mine is nearly 150 days since pending. I got a reply back saying in part;
The NFA Branch is currently processing ATF e-Form 1(s) received in Nov-2013, estimate review no later than next week (21-Apr) as providing a final result...
I was not expecting a reply. :)

Ranb

ETA; Here I am stuck in the hell that is California for another month. I got my last paper form 1 in the mail a few days before I left; I should be getting my e-form 1 approved in a week or two. Then it is wait wait wait for the time to make them.
Last edited by ranb on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

I also emailed last night about the "shutdown".

Woke up to a response

"Will form 4's that were submitted and pending prior to this still be processed as normal?"

They responded, "yes"
-Han
josephdennis

Post by josephdennis »

Looks like it is back. 8)
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Got an e-mail from the BATFE tonight about the application thst went pending on 11/20/13.
This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
I guess I find out if I did everything right when submitting the application.

When I was uploading forms, it kept on asking for more even after I uploaded my pdf file of the trust. I uploaded form 5330.20; it asked for more. So I filled out, printed and scanned a hard copy of an ATF form 1. The system stopped asking for more uploads after that. :) Fingers crossed.

Ranb
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

ranb wrote:Got an e-mail from the BATFE tonight about the application thst went pending on 11/20/13.
This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
I guess I find out if I did everything right when submitting the application.

When I was uploading forms, it kept on asking for more even after I uploaded my pdf file of the trust. I uploaded form 5330.20; it asked for more. So I filled out, printed and scanned a hard copy of an ATF form 1. The system stopped asking for more uploads after that. :) Fingers crossed.

Ranb
This means it went from Pending to Being looked at and its only a matter of weeks now?
-Han
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Delasangre4231 wrote:This means it went from Pending to Being looked at and its only a matter of weeks now?
I think it is a matter of days now.

Ranb
Dennisrl
Silent Operator

Post by Dennisrl »

the status changes on eforms? I was told it will not change except if it is denied or approved. Mines been in the same status since Jan 10.
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

Jack_Bauer wrote:I wonder what will happen to Forms that have been submitted in the system for little over a month?
When I called two weeks ago, the guy who did my stamp said "eForms is only closed on your end, we still use it to handle whats in there."
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
jarretf

Post by jarretf »

I just tried to register at www.atfonline.gov and it says you HAVE to use IE 8 or safari? WTH? IE8 doesn't even work to register.

Why can't the govt build a stinking webite?????? It's not that damn difficult. :evil:
jarretf

Post by jarretf »

Ok, I just had success with registering. I posted a new topic on the procedure to do it....

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=125183

Good Luck!
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

When your eForms are approved do you receive an email or do you have to log into the system to print it off?
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]