Problem with YHM Suppressor

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

easypull65

Problem with YHM Suppressor

Post by easypull65 »

Hi, this is my first post and I am hoping to get some advice from someone on the forum. I have a Glock 23 Gen 3 that was NIB. I purchased and received a Yankee Hill Machine .40 cal Cobra M2 Silencer. The link for the item is below:
<
(https://yhm.net/40-cal-cobra-m2-sound-s ... -1426.html)
<
This can is aluminum and comes with a tool to dismantle it and clean it and so forth. I took it apart and put anti-sieze inside it before I used it at the gun range. Everything was tightened up as well as I could get it. In the mean time, I had received a Lone Wolf TB and installed it and it fit perfectly. At the gun range I was very excited to finally get to use my silenced pistol.
I do not reload so used my normal white box Federal rounds. Pulled the trigger,....bang,.....pulled the trigger.....nothing. The slide wide open, I am looking at the next round ready to go up the feed ramp. But,.....it is not. It is just sitting there, staring back at me. This Glock 23 has had at least 1000 rounds through it without a single failure to feed or cycle or whatever is going on. I tried to release the mag but it would not eject until I pulled the slide to the rear.
I reinserted the mag, made sure that the can was secure, it goes boom and then........nothing, failure to feed again. I do this a few more times and notice that the guide rod is starting get chewed up. Finally, I give up and leave the range. I fired a total of maybe ten rounds with only two consecutive rounds igniting. So is the barrel threaded too far back or is the back of the YHM can too big. It is clearly the collar on the can adapter that is hitting the guide rod.
Any thoughts?
StoneyGherkin

Re: Problem with YHM Suppressor

Post by StoneyGherkin »

Pictures would really help. Until then my thoughts are tending toward a spacer that could shoulder up to the barrel on the gun side, and move the suppressor slightly away from the guide rod.
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista"
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Sounds like not enough clearance between the guide rod and the back of the can, preventing it from fully cycling.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Did you disassymble the slide before using can? Like to clean.

Once I replaced the connector w 3.5# and stainless guide rod. When I tried to fire, it turned out that the rear of guide rod had fit into the wrong step on the barrel block.
Had similar problem to what you described, minus the rod getting chewed up (b/c it was SS.)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Did you shoot the gun unsuppressed with your new barrel?