Barrel length / pin can / etc

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Barrel length / pin can / etc

Post by nice shot »

So, Im done fucking around. Im up to here with the ATF, etc. I want to get my gun together, functional, and legal per the ATF.

Before you jump on the "just wait for the stamp" etc comments, know that I had my stamp turned in, waited 6 months, then got it "declined" based on a clerical error on my part. Called the NFA branch, spoke with the guy doing my stamp, and he had literally just canceled everything 20 minutes before I called (he did it when I got the email). I didn't put 5.56, I put multi. That's what it says on the side of the gun, so anyways. . .

So, I have a JSE 7.5" barrel, and a YHM 7.62QD SS. Currently, you have to disassemble the upper to get to the QD mount. You can however easily screw on, screw off the can. Id like to come up with a way to affix the can to the mount, without risking voiding my warranty, without making it look all ghetto fabulous, and also making it legal.

I was thinking disassemble the whole thing, then drill and tap a hole in the QD mount, do it right next to one of the catch teeth, the affix the can, put in a hex head set screw, then seal the top of the screw with some solder. The can cant twist off because of the set screw, solder secures the set screw, etc. Has anyone done something like this that they want to share? Could really use the help, it would be nice to actually shoot my gun. . . .
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Barrel length / pin can / etc

Post by Bendersquint »

Why do you have it up to uere with the ATF when you admittedly screwed up the form?

what you suggest would not qualify as permanent per the ATF.

If you made it permanent per ATF guidelines your warranty is voided there is no way around the rules.

Follow the ATF guidelines in making it permanent or wait like everyone that for your tax stamp. Just have to pick one!
kassenz
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barrel length / pin can / etc

Post by kassenz »

I'm with you. Nice Shot.

Why would you want to register it as 5.56 if you can let them know you'll be using 300blk, 9mm, 45socom/busmaster/whisper blaaa blaa..
Why not register it in 7" 10" 12" & 14 inches too while your at it. It registered. It's good - you know!?

If they are trying to enforce the law, or prevent crime,.... a $5 gas station pocket knife has been in a lot more violent crimes than a 7lb "Pistol" /SBR

Why is the ATF even around?? 1934 Law? Seriously?
I say disband them and hand it over to the state