Who to convert an AR to and SBR?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

cedarhill

Who to convert an AR to and SBR?

Post by cedarhill »

Does anyone have any recommendations for a gunsmith or company to convert a RRA 308 into an SBR? For various reasons, I don't want to Form 1 it.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who to convert an AR to and SBR?

Post by LawBob »

What state?

If you have an SOT7/2 Form1 it, they will likely take inventory of the gun, and you will be without it for 3-4-5 mos awaiting their Form1 return,
then you will have to wait 4-5 mos for your Form 4 to re-transfer it back to you.

What are your various reasons?
cedarhill

Post by cedarhill »

The primary reason is that I'm a class 3 dealer and don't want to pay the $200 for an individual transfer. Since the posting, I discovered a gunsmith in Texas to do the work. RCS Guns, Craig Simpson.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

cedarhill wrote:The primary reason is that I'm a class 3 dealer and don't want to pay the $200 for an individual transfer. Since the posting, I discovered a gunsmith in Texas to do the work. RCS Guns, Craig Simpson.
so you're gonna title 1 transfer it to him, let him form 1 it, then form 3 it back to you so you can sell it/keep it in inventory (for personal use)? You're still looking at 2 formX transfer times...

He will have his LLC engravings on it, since he is the maker, just so you know.

I know Craig. Sold me my first silencers (3). Anna is way out there. And then some.

Just curious how much all this work (engrave, transfers, gunsmith work to chop barrel?) and ups/mail is gonna cost...are u in nm?
cedarhill

Post by cedarhill »

That's pretty much it. I'll keep it as a personal gun (RRA 308) to take over to TX for pigs. Not many here in NM. We didn't come up with a firm price.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Personal as in form4 back to you or personal use inventory.

Once an sbr, as a dealer do you have to fill out the interstate form 5320.20?
cedarhill

Post by cedarhill »

Transfered back to the business as a demo gun, on a form 3.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

LawBob wrote:What state?

If you have an SOT7/2 Form1 it, they will likely take inventory of the gun, and you will be without it for 3-4-5 mos awaiting their Form1 return,
then you will have to wait 4-5 mos for your Form 4 to re-transfer it back to you.

^^^ WOW!?!?! That is all I can say for this "advice"
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Jt.kline19 wrote:

Dear SHAM WOW:

Oh, I see. From his 21st post and the content of the initial thread, you were able to deduce that he was a C3 dealer...

It wasn't "advice", more of an inquiry and education on the time involved, if he didn't already realize.

You can unShamWOW yourself.
Last edited by LawBob on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

cedarhill wrote:Transfered back to the business as a demo gun, on a form 3.

NEW MEXICO:
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
P.O. Box 728
Grants, NM 87020

Phone: (505) 285-7779
[email protected]

STICK EM UP GUNS & AMMO
07 - Manufacturer of Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices
108 W Albertson Dr
Hobbs, NM 88240
(575) 390-7717 (Phone)

http://www.lesalesusa.com
LaMesa, TX

http://www.tacticalblackfirearms.com/
Arvada, CO
"07FFL and 02SOT
Tactical Black Firearms is an NFA SOT Class 02/03 and 07FFL Dealer and Federally licensed manufacurer specializing in completely custom SBR (Short Barrel Rifles)."
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

LawBob wrote:
Jt.kline19 wrote:

Dear SHAM WOW:

Oh, I see. From his 21st post and the content of the initial thread, you were able to deduce that he was a C3 dealer...

It wasn't "advice", more of an inquiry and education on the time involved, if he didn't already realize.

You can unShamWOW yourself.
Didnt know 07/02 SOTs filed form 1s. Sounds like you know what's going on. ShamWOW out....
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Jt.kline19 wrote: Didnt know 07/02 SOTs filed form 1s. Sounds like you know what's going on. ShamWOW out....
FORM 1 FORM 2 whatever it takes. the point was TIME - and it was an inquiry to establish what info was needed. Still gonna have to wait the Form 3 time.

Did you provide anything useful, or just go back to selling Slap Chops, Schticky's, or inVINCEable?

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

LawBob wrote:
Jt.kline19 wrote: Didnt know 07/02 SOTs filed form 1s. Sounds like you know what's going on. ShamWOW out....
FORM 1 FORM 2 whatever it takes. the point was TIME - and it was an inquiry to establish what info was needed. Still gonna have to wait the Form 3 time.

Did you provide anything useful, or just go back to selling Slap Chops, Schticky's, or inVINCEable?

Your still talking bro??? Thanks for the pictures I'm sorry I even attempted to make you waste your valuable time and knowledge. The times for form 2s and 3s are not even comparable to form 1s and form 4s, unless we are talking about Efiled form 1s. Thanks again for the pictures, have a happy Holiday, and keep providing us with that top knotch knowledge. ShamWOW out...
Member of LSU
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Form 2s take no time. Form 3s take 2-4 mos.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
LawBob wrote:

Your [YOU'RE] still talking bro??? Thanks for the pictures I'm sorry [THAT] I even attempted to make you waste your valuable time and knowledge. The times for form 2s and 3s are not even comparable to form 1s and form 4s, unless we are talking about Efiled form 1s. Thanks again for the pictures, have a happy Holiday, and keep providing us with that top knotch [NOTCH] knowledge. ShamWOW out...
nice spelling
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

^^^ lol feel better now bro?? See what I mean by the times are not comparable when it comes to Form 2, 3 Vs. Form 1, 4?? You must have just learned that info since your knowledgeable advice. Glad we are all learning here.
Member of LSU
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Here's the advice brah
Member of LSU