Does this need a stamp?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Does this need a stamp?

Post by hardcase »

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/308-pis ... un-review/

Advertised as a pistol. Looks like a SBR.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does this need a stamp?

Post by AlabamaPaul »

No, it's using a Sig arm brace which is not a stock...
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

this could be an HK51 pistol. If using a sig arm brace makes it legal, then it's legal. contact the seller.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

this could be an HK51 pistol. If using a sig arm brace makes it legal, then it's legal. contact the seller.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

As of now its just a pistol, but recent reports coming out of NFA Tech Branch are showing they are getting fed up with teh SigBrace thing and a change is coming....when who knows but its coming from my sources.
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

It's the shockwave technologies people. They released a competitor to the Sig Brace. The ST brace is an obvious stock and the ATF all but said so. ATF knows they screwed up the pistol brace ruling. They probably would have let the brace thing go if it was just Sig, but then the ST folks had to push it.
Oldfatguy

Post by Oldfatguy »

Looking at the Thordsen pistol buffer & cover for a pistol build. Do you think the ATF will broad-brush anything remotely similar to the Sig?

OFG
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Oldfatguy wrote:Looking at the Thordsen pistol buffer & cover for a pistol build. Do you think the ATF will broad-brush anything remotely similar to the Sig?

OFG
Yes.
sucker76
Silent Operator

Post by sucker76 »

If the ATF deems the Sig brace and others like it not legal, what would that mean for current owners? Will I be able to sell it later?
Stamp collecting since 2015
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

sucker76 wrote:If the ATF deems the Sig brace and others like it not legal, what would that mean for current owners? Will I be able to sell it later?
Noone knows, could be grandfathered, could require a free registrations, could be a collection....noone knows.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

sucker76 wrote:If the ATF deems the Sig brace and others like it not legal, what would that mean for current owners? Will I be able to sell it later?
If I was speculating, I'd think the ruling would go the way toward a SBR as far as selling goes. Who knows what irrational rules bureaucrats and politicians would come up with.

They could also put pistols like the "Judge" into a category of a to short or sawed off shotgun. I think this one got by ATF as well. ATF's problem is there are a bunch of them out there now. My wife was one of those who had to have one. To heavy for her to carry concealed though.
sucker76
Silent Operator

Post by sucker76 »

Well I bought the Sig brace while waiting for my SBR stamp to enjoy it until I put a stock on it. At the time of purchase I thought the form 1 lower stamp would take ~6 months. I got it back in 35 days and now I have a stock on the now SBR and a Sig brace that needs selling. If I knew of the short wait times I wouldn't have messed with it.

I'll take the first $130 that comes my way and that includes the KAK tube.

Takers...?
Stamp collecting since 2015
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

There is an article in the March/April 2015 issue of "American Handgunner" about the Sig P516.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductL ... istol.aspx

The one in the article is a very impressive 5.56. It has a EOTech 512 Halosight with intergral laser, a 100 round Beta C- mag. All it needs is a can on the end.

This would be a crowd pleaser or stopper whichever the case may be. Offered with a 7.5" or 10" barrel. My wife would sling a fit if I came home with another gun toy but it might be worth it. Looks like the street price is in the $1,500.00 range, less accessories like the sight and 100 round mag.