After corrections are made to form 4, how long after till stamp comes?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Vesper
Silent Operator

After corrections are made to form 4, how long after till stamp comes?

Post by Vesper »

I had two corrections to make on form 4. Submitted back to ATF. Has anyone ever had corrections and how long after did your stamp come?
Host: M41A Pulse Rifle
Can: Jelly Donut
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: After corrections are made to form 4, how long after till stamp comes?

Post by 66427vette »

1 to 8 weeks flip a coin. Just had few morons mess up their forms because they wanted to do their own forms and did not want me to look them over.
Vesper
Silent Operator

Post by Vesper »

66427vette wrote:1 to 8 weeks flip a coin. Just had few morons mess up their forms because they wanted to do their own forms and did not want me to look them over.
The CLEO forgot to write his title (sheriff) down. That and my name wasn't on one line directly under a line that also had my name. Whatever, Lol. Transfer dealer wasn't much help with this. Glad to be over with it soon.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

3 to 5 weeks....
Modeler

Post by Modeler »

My corrected form took all of a week to come back approved back in August.
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

I had an issue with an SBR Uzi I bought from a newer dealer. He screwed up some paperwork and I wasn't experienced enough to catch it, so it got bumped back. He got the stamp back in about two weeks from mailing the corrected forms back in. I want to say it was approved in a week from when we mailed it back.
I just got a letter and my buddy got my Form 4's back from the ATF on Monday of this week. The Model (4d) didn't match wahat was on the registry, even though I copied it directly from his approved Form 4. I sent my form 4's back to them (after talking with my examiner) unchanged, along with a copy of his approved Form 4 and a picture of the markings on the gun. Registry said Mk 2, gun said Mk 4. I mailed them back yesterday, 12-24. Hopefully I'll get them back in a few weeks.
Vesper
Silent Operator

Post by Vesper »

Thank you for responses.

This is my first can. They certainly don't make it easy or helpful but whatever. I got copies and my dealer got originals. I fixed the copies per the instructions but after reading fine print, the originals are what I corrected and sent back.

Correction 1 - Print name on line 2. Fun fact, I printed my my name on line 1. Redundant but whatever!
Correction 2 - CLEO didn't write down after signature his title... "Sheriff".

Hoping it comes back soon!

I'll post back here time it took for curious minds.
Vesper
Silent Operator

Post by Vesper »

My stamp came back Jan. 17th. Shot my can for the first time yesterday. Couldn't be happier.
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

Still waiting on mine...

I'm assuming since mine requires changing the registry, it will take a little longer. I really want this subgun, though!!
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

I've had corrections take from 1 week to 7 months.

Good luck!
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

I was able to go pick up my new Sterling last night. The F4 came back 12-23 for corrections, mine being that the Model didn't match the registry. I took pictures of the reciever and mailed them along with my F4 and a copy of the previous owners approved F4 with all of the info matching back. To the ATF on 12-24. There was a date stamp on the back side bottom of 12-30-14. It was approved 2-18, so about a month and a half to change the registry. Not bad I guess considering they had to do some actual research. It was a pain, but now I've got it home!