Form 4 to SOT transfer help

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Form 4 to SOT transfer help

Post by gunningbadger »

I'm working on acquiring an m11 from an out of state individual. The current owner will transfer to my sot on a form 4. I understand this is a tax paid stamp but what goes on it from my sot? Does he complete the Leo sign off and prints just like an imdicidual? Help would be appreciated as this is my first out of state transfer and my dealer isn't too experienced with form 4 to dealer transfers.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 4 to SOT transfer help

Post by 66427vette »

Needs his ffl info plus his ein number. Be prepared for long wait. Pretty straight forward. Pm me if you need some help over the phone or want me to look over forms. Good luck .
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

The SOT that is getting it should be helping you on this....is he not willing?

Its a pretty simple process, if Vette can't get you squared away then let me know.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

He's willing I just want to get the process sorted out before the individual sends the forms. I'll send you a message if we have any troubles bender. Thanks for the info guys.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Does he need to fill out the section on the back where it states the purpose of need and requires a signature?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gunningbadger wrote:Does he need to fill out the section on the back where it states the purpose of need and requires a signature?
Yes, it is for a MG.

Its no different than anyone else buying a MG, just happens to have an FFL so no CLEO required.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Bendersquint wrote:
gunningbadger wrote:Does he need to fill out the section on the back where it states the purpose of need and requires a signature?
Yes, it is for a MG.

Its no different than anyone else buying a MG, just happens to have an FFL so no CLEO required.
Just to make sure we're clear the fingerprint cards and photo are not required either. Certificate of comploamce?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gunningbadger wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Yes, it is for a MG.

Just to make sure we're clear the fingerprint cards and photo are not required either. Certificate of comploamce?
ONLY the completed Form4.

MAKE SURE that the FFL fills in their FFL/SOT information or it will be treated as a standard and will take forever and an error for interstate.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Gotcha. Thanks for all the help. Just want to make sure the form is done correctly and doesn't get kicked back.