Form 4, messed up on trust document

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

evan671

Form 4, messed up on trust document

Post by evan671 »

Hey everyone, I recently submitted my 1st Form 4 through Silencershop. I used Silencershop Direct as well as used their trust document generator for $130. I completed the trust document but I forgot to fill in the creation date at the beginning of the trust, everything else was filled in and was signed in front of a notary. Everything was submitted to Silencershop on Feb 19. I received an email from Silencershop that my Form 4/ documentation has been queued for submission to the ATF. I am planning on contacting Silencershop tomorrow morning as soon as they open. How bad have I messed things up for myself?
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 4, messed up on trust document

Post by Jt.kline19 »

evan671 wrote:Hey everyone, I recently submitted my 1st Form 4 through Silencershop. I used Silencershop Direct as well as used their trust document generator for $130. I completed the trust document but I forgot to fill in the creation date at the beginning of the trust, everything else was filled in and was signed in front of a notary. Everything was submitted to Silencershop on Feb 19. I received an email from Silencershop that my Form 4/ documentation has been queued for submission to the ATF. I am planning on contacting Silencershop tomorrow morning as soon as they open. How bad have I messed things up for myself?
The ATf might not even notice, but you'll just get an error letter stating the correction that needs to be made. Might make you send them a corrected copy of the trust. But error letter usually take about 2 weeks, but they will tell you 30 days.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
evan671

Post by evan671 »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
evan671 wrote:Hey everyone, I recently submitted my 1st Form 4 through Silencershop. I used Silencershop Direct as well as used their trust document generator for $130. I completed the trust document but I forgot to fill in the creation date at the beginning of the trust, everything else was filled in and was signed in front of a notary. Everything was submitted to Silencershop on Feb 19. I received an email from Silencershop that my Form 4/ documentation has been queued for submission to the ATF. I am planning on contacting Silencershop tomorrow morning as soon as they open. How bad have I messed things up for myself?
The ATf might not even notice, but you'll just get an error letter stating the correction that needs to be made. Might make you send them a corrected copy of the trust. But error letter usually take about 2 weeks, but they will tell you 30 days.
Cool, thanks for getting back to me.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that technically when you and the notary sign it and the notary dates it, that is the date of creation of the trust (even though the space for a date elsewhere was left blank). If so, then ATF might not even issue an error notice.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
evan671

Post by evan671 »

+1 for SilencerShop they took care of everything for me this morning.