Make my AK quieter & less gassy

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Make my AK quieter & less gassy

Post by jdasilva »

I have a suppressed wasr 10/63 & wanted to make it quieter & not have a ton of gas hit me in the face.

The gas block has vent holes where it mates up with the gas tube. I was already planning to get a Venom Tactical gas block/front sight combo to SBR it. The combo piece has no vent holes.

I've seen multiple arguments for & against vent holes in a AK. What's the truth?

Also, do those recoil buffers stop gasses from burning my eyes or is there a better solution?
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Re: Make my AK quieter & less gassy

Post by jdasilva »

???? anyone ????
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

The buffers don't do anything. Pretty much a true statement across the board right there.

Anything that goes through the gas port is going to come out the back unless it has somewhere else to go. That place is going to be your face.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

AKs are overgassed by design. What you need is an adjustable gas block. That Venom block will do nothing but make the gas blowback into your face WORSE by forcing everything to enter the receiver.

You need to get something like this: http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product.sc? ... tegoryId=1 and dial it in. It will reduce the gas problem, and potentially reduce noise a bit.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

thanks for the tips guys
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

YugoRPK wrote:The buffers don't do anything. Pretty much a true statement across the board right there.

Anything that goes through the gas port is going to come out the back unless it has somewhere else to go. That place is going to be your face.
I put the strike industries buffer for s&g & it reduced blowback tremendously. There was still a minuscule bit when doing a mag dump but very easy to manage