Forgot to check box one...

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Forgot to check box one...

Post by gunningbadger »

My dealer just sent in a form 4 to transfer a mg from an out of state individual to himself in the first step of transfer to me. I think we forgot to check the tax paid box. Is this something that gets kicked back or not? If it does does the form go to the individual as the transferor or my dealer as the transferee?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Forgot to check box one...

Post by Bendersquint »

gunningbadger wrote:My dealer just sent in a form 4 to transfer a mg from an out of state individual to himself in the first step of transfer to me. I think we forgot to check the tax paid box. Is this something that gets kicked back or not? If it does does the form go to the individual as the transferor or my dealer as the transferee?
Yes, that is something that will get it kicked back.

It will go back to the SOT as the SOT is the legal owner of the MG you are trying to transfer.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Bendersquint wrote:
gunningbadger wrote:My dealer just sent in a form 4 to transfer a mg from an out of state individual to himself in the first step of transfer to me. I think we forgot to check the tax paid box. Is this something that gets kicked back or not? If it does does the form go to the individual as the transferor or my dealer as the transferee?

It will go back to the SOT as the SOT is the legal owner of the MG you are trying to transfer.

Well s--t. Thanks bender. The guy selling it is an individual. Is he who you are referring to it going back to as the current owner?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gunningbadger wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

Well s--t. Thanks bender. The guy selling it is an individual. Is he who you are referring to it going back to as the current owner?
Yes as he is..........the current owner.