.22 Conversion issues

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

.22 Conversion issues

Post by MJF1911 »

I have an AC556 with the Ciener .22LR conversion. I'm using the Black Dog magazines since Ciener mags are not available.

The main issue is that my chamber adapter and bolt don't line up very well. The extractor doesn't have enough energy to over come this all the time and won't extract fired cases reliably. Image

The second issue is that the feed ramp is very short. Looking at the bolt and adapter I think a small feed ramp could be welded onto the adapter and a corresponding bit cut out of the bolt. Adapter:
Bolt:

Ciener is totally worthless as far as customer service is concerned. I'd like to know if anybody works on these conversions. Thanks!
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Re: .22 Conversion issues

Post by Prince Yamato »

Ciener is totally worthless as far as customer service is concerned.
He's also in jail on felony charges. So my guess is he won't be working on his own product ever again.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I heard the charges from a few years ago were dropped.

Is he in jail for something else now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

My conversion kit came with that same chamber insert. It leaded horribly and would not feed from Black Dog mags. I found out that I had an older style insert and the newer one had a feed ramp. The new one looks like this:

You can read what I dealt with in getting a new one here:

http://ingunowners.com/forums/online-me ... sions.html

This was several years ago, but I cannot imagine he's gotten any better...
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

As far as working on them, I doubt you'll have much luck. But your best bet is to contact the guys at Black Dog, they sell spare parts for the conversions and mya be able to help you out.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Yea I would like to avoid dealing with Ciener but if he has the appropriate adapter for it now I'll get that rather than have one made. Does your new adapter work pretty well?
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Post by Slow Hand »

Yep, big improvement over the old one! I thought about silver soldering a hunk of steel to the old on and filing out a feed ramp, but figured it was worth the money (and hassle) of getting one from JAC(ass). If you can get them on the phone, it'd be better as you could be sure you have the current price....
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Well I printed off the order form from his website and sent that in so he better honor the price ($25). I picked up an assembled bolt as well so they better match up. My local gunsmith said he thought he could do what I was looking for but couldn't get to it for a few months. I told him I'd try the different adapter first.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

The new adapter and bolt were in my mailbox yesterday and I got them put in the gun. I checked the Black Dog mags and they feed better now.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I got a chance to run it the other day, functioning is vastly improved however it still isn't 100%. Even HV stuff isn't always cocking the hammer.