Approved Eform! What do I do now?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Captain Skippy

Approved Eform! What do I do now?

Post by Captain Skippy »

I just received the approval email for my form 1 SBR submission. I'm elated, but what do I do now. How do I get and print the stamps? I'll get the lower engraved this week.
You can get a lot with a smile. But you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Approved Eform! What do I do now?

Post by speed6 »

The email should have a PDF attachment of the approved form 1 with stamp affixed. I think you can also log in to your eforms account and download a copy. It should be safe to put a short-barrel upper on your lower now (although I would wait till it's engraved), but you probably should have had the lower engraved while you waited for the stamp!
Captain Skippy

Post by Captain Skippy »

There wasn't an attachment on the email but I did manage to find the paperwork on the Eform sight. It isn't very user friendly. Thanks.
You can get a lot with a smile. But you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

When did you submit it? I have one pending as well.
Captain Skippy

Post by Captain Skippy »

24 February
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

Thanks
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I've got a MapPul MIAD grip on my SBR. I just got my stamp back too.

I made three copies of my approved Form-1. I fold one up and stuffed it in the grip-compartment in the stock, put another in plastic, in my range bag, and the third in my safe with all my gun documents and inventory.

Pretty good rule of thumb...

Jeff
tootall

Post by tootall »

Just log into Eform site and download the PDF. Print a few and keep the file in secure storage as well.

Make sure you keep your form with your SBR at all times (say, 1 copy in a clear plastic document sleeve in your safe and 1 copy in your range bag). Others have made a reduced size copy and put it in the pistol grip storage area as a backup.

Realize that now that the SBR has been approved, it is an NFA item so you must be more careful on getting it engraved (i.e. be with it or an FFL like Gray Laser whom I have used and recommend).

Rats, Jeff essentially posted identical info, all good to go.
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

tootall wrote:Just log into Eform site and download the PDF. Print a few and keep the file in secure storage as well.

Make sure you keep your form with your SBR at all times (say, 1 copy in a clear plastic document sleeve in your safe and 1 copy in your range bag). Others have made a reduced size copy and put it in the pistol grip storage area as a backup.

Realize that now that the SBR has been approved, it is an NFA item so you must be more careful on getting it engraved i.e. be with it or an FFL like Gray Laser whom I have used and recommend).

Doing some early homework on filing a form 1 to SBR my AR & 10/22.

1)When you say "BE WITH IT" do you mean that you must be in physical custody or present when the weapon is engraved??

2)Sugestions on attaching the stamp to a 10/22?? Maybe under the but pad?? My stock is a boyds evolution..

Thanks
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

if its a wooden stock, I have a buddy who has a 8" barreled Nagant who carved out an area under the buttpad with a router and put a trapdoor style buttplate on it.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I take a photo with my phone, since I generally have my phone on me or close to me while shooting, hunting, etc. This is my primary go-to Form 4 proof. Between that and my drivers license showing my name I figure I should be good.

I had been in the practice of having copies made that are shrunken down to the size of a wallet sized photo and keep them in my wallet but I've found that they are taking up too much space in there since I'm nearing the 20 stamp mark. And if the person inquiring doesn't have great eyes or a magnifying glass then they may not see anything other than a blur, even though they're high quality photos from Kinkos.

I figure I've gone above and beyond to be helpful with the situation (even if I only have access to ONE of those copies remotely close to me while using my firearms/suppressors) by making multiple copies and having them stashed all over the place......Oh, I also have a binder I keep in my car with full size color photo copies of the Form 4's but I'm not always in or near my car when I have something fun to shoot.

On a side note.....how many of you guys have ACTUALLY had trouble with police, game wardens or other officials that actually believe silencers, SBR's etc. are illegal for private ownership? I'm NOT talking about a story you've heard from a friend who knows a guy or something like that? Aside from a friend of mine who is a sheriff's deputy saying that I couldn't have them legally I've yet to run into somebody who thinks they're illegal (and this was 3 1/2 years ago when NOBODY in this area had NFA goodies). Especially now that suppressor ownership is so popular and widespread with the hunting bills that have been passed and all that good stuff (at least in my area).
I've gotta stop this habit.
Elkins45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Elkins45 »

I had a guy say to me "I thought silencers were illegal" at the club shooting range I belong to. I explained the tax stamp process and he seemed to accept my explanation. Later that day he later told me he was a retired state policeman. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't given what he considered a "good" answer. That's the closest I've come, but I have only owned NFA items for a couple of years now.