Shipping an m11/9?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Shipping an m11/9?

Post by gunningbadger »

So the stamp to transfer an m11/9 to my dealer arrived with the individual that owns the item. The trouble now is how to get it shipped now. My dealer is telling me that since its a "pistol" usps registered mail won't accept it from an individual and the guy needs to ship throug an FFL. Is this correct? Also the original form 4 to my dealer comes with it not a copy right? Thanks for the help. First MG transfer.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Shipping an m11/9?

Post by Bendersquint »

gunningbadger wrote:So the stamp to transfer an m11/9 to my dealer arrived with the individual that owns the item. The trouble now is how to get it shipped now. My dealer is telling me that since its a "pistol" usps registered mail won't accept it from an individual and the guy needs to ship throug an FFL. Is this correct? Also the original form 4 to my dealer comes with it not a copy right? Thanks for the help. First MG transfer.
First off, its not a pistol, it may LOOK like a pistol but it is a machinegun.

I would ship it registered mail via USPS from the transferring individual to the new owner(SOT), there is no need to get an FFL involved with sending it out.

Yes, the ORIGINAL Form4 goes to the dealer, copy(even though unneccesary) remains with the seller.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Thanks Bender. Good advice as always. That's the way I figured it was.
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

The last time I checked, the USPS Severly restricts the shipment firearms, there are only a few exceptions (A&C) also not only that but you must be "authorized" to Receive a firearm, I recently read the list and its mostly Military Officers with Specific needs etc... also law enforcement , even with them theres paperwork out the kazoo...read the USPS Regs. I'm fairly sure that 99% of firearms are shipped UPS/FEDEX. I just shipped my p226 to SiG vis FEDEX. I wanted it returned to my POBox so I looked up the USPS P&P's you HAVE to be an authorized receiver and jump through a lot of hoops so the USPS was a no go.

Here's the Pub....

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

I noticed the regs don't mention MGs. Bender any thoughts? Hopefully usps is ok as the guy is sending it to my ffl tomorrow via usps registered.
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

I can't see where it mentions MGs specifically, but if you read the "definitions" page of what a firearm is , I think you could safely assume MGs would be included as a firearm , besides SBRs and SBSs are listed, I'd think MGs would not be left out..Like I mentioned I've shipped firearms several times and always by UPS or FEDEX

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm#ep290111
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

USPS accepted the m11 and its on its way to my SOT
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

gunningbadger wrote:USPS accepted the m11 and its on its way to my SOT
Fantastic....did they know what was in the package?
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

They were informed and accepted it with no trouble. Very surprised. It was over $100 for registered priority though.
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

That REALLY is Surprising, seeing how they would violate their own rules & regs...registered mail™ priority? My experience with registered mail™ is its really slow because of the chain of custody issue