AOW Question

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

AOW Question

Post by Joker31D »

I was trying to design a cane gun and I was wondering if it was an AOW if it has to be taken apart to be fired? I was thinking about a cane handle that needs to be twisted and pulled apart to exposed the barrel to fire. I'm not against an AOW for it but it would be easier on me to build it as a pistol instead of an AOW because I can make a pistol, but not an AOW. Figured I'd get a few positions to the question before I write the letter and sketch the whole thing. It will be incapable of firing until you pull it apart and it will look like a pistol because it is a 90deg grip and barrel so I figured I'll give it a go if they give me a blessing (Technical Branch) if not I'll have to find someone to build it for me here locally. I am disabled and its hard to carry sometimes because of the way I walk when I am not in my wheelchair, I figure my cane would be the best concealment device. I have seen cane guns in the past but they fired from the cane position. If I have to file for an AOW, I'll most likely scrap the idea and make it fire from the cane position. I have seen the pen guns and know they were not AOW's because they couldn't fire from the pen position and they had to look more like a pistol than a pen before firing so they could get blessed by the ATF.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Re: AOW Question

Post by David Hineline »

Why can't you make an AOW? That is the entire purpose of the Form 1 is to make things.

A gun that has to be put together to fire seems a bit slow for any defensive type operation.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: AOW Question

Post by Bendersquint »

It is a disquised weapon.....its an AOW.

DON'T WRITE LETTERS!