So who's filing for new Form 1 or Form 4 before Obama kills off NFA on trusts?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Re: So who's filing for new Form 1 or Form 4 before Obama kills off NFA on trusts?

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

You don't get your prints at the school. You get your prints at the local PD or other places already listed. I was just saying all teachers have to get printed to become a full time teacher at a public school.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Re: So who's filing for new Form 1 or Form 4 before Obama kills off NFA on trusts?

Post by Kramer »

Loki_stormbringer wrote: If you have a school near by, all the teachers would have had to gotten their fingerprints done somewhere. I would assume close to home.

Schools in this region do not do them in house. You have to register/pay and then go to a fingerprint center, which does them digitally and then they are sent off.
montanabound
Silent But Deadly

Post by montanabound »

You can go to the next county and have them made or wherever, but employment seems to be the default.
I've had them made for the military, employment in nuke plants and was required for application for a TWICS card to work at the Little Gypsy Power Plant in Montz, La. just outside of NOLA. Something about part of the plant fell under the regulation of the US Coast Guard as a vessel :? . All 5 of us had fingerprint cards made from different LEA and one in a different state, and they were supposed to fill them in once the submitting authority received them
.None the less here is a link that may help.
http://myfbireport.com/locations/index.php
colimr

Post by colimr »

very cool site
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Just tell them you are volunteering for a charity that requires them. The charity I work for requires Fingerprints, Background check and a Military service check.

We had someone say they were in the Air Force PJ's before and I ended up calling him out on it and called some PJ's I knew to verify, He of course was lying. The service check is mainly a Troop ID verification, a DD214 and a BS check during a conversation with me (Trained BS detector) If you dont lie we let you work with the group. I co-ordinate all the hunting activities in the program so I need people I can trust to walk behind me with a loaded weapon.

We have had fake seals, a fake PJ, a fake pilot, even a fake Secret Service guy (He was turned in) all kinds of people wish they had the crappy job we had (The military isnt a glamorous or great job in the grand scheme of things and with the plans they are trying to implement, its will be even less attractive) If it wasnt for the great people I have worked with, I would have quit after my first contract. Our pay sucks, you have to jump tons of hoops just to get paid sometimes (Ever fill out a pay inquiry you didnt have to call about more than once) you get good benefits but the DEERS system is so screwed up that I had to go to 3 different offices just to get them to understand that I had 2 kids (and they were born 6 years apart) The housing is horrible when you can get it because there are so many people fighting with their spouses constantly and the rules in housing are stupid. Then if you get wounded like I did, you wait 5 years to get a rating that you have to wait almost 2 more to get it fixed then you get the worst care in the country. All this while you lose buddies to Suicide, IED's and Friendly fire. Trust me its not Glamorous.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Post by crazyelece »

There are no "certification" requirements for fingerprints. Any one can roll your prints, including yourself.

You can pick up an ink pad for printing from amazon or ebay. You don't want the stamp kind, you want to make sure it has the heavier ink and is made for fingerprints.

All the directions are on the back of the card, and you can get the cards directly from the ATF.

I usually get my SO to do mine, just because they only charge $10 a trip no matter how many I have done, and it's tricky to roll your own without smudges.

Just did 10 cards last week. They are good for a year once printed so you can get extra done and use them later if it's within a year.

If I didn't have the easy SO option, I'd have my brother roll mine and I'd do his. It's only tricky if you try to roll your own and can't keep your finger controlled.

You can also take and print your own photos BTW. No need for expensive photo paper, just a color print out 2x2.

Most photo editors (even phone apps) can do the job and six 2x2 prints turn into an easy 4x6 print.

Anyone who thinks the sky is falling because of 41p or 41f or whatever it is now is crazy. A little more hassle - yes, the end of the world - not even close.

You guys should have been around this world when the wait times were close to 2 years and nobody knew about trusts.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Finger Printing is literally a boy scout merit badge, so yea not that hard to do. I just go to local PD for as rare as I need it.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
vaeevictiss
Silent But Deadly

Post by vaeevictiss »

all the more reason to push your states law makers into sending up bills to remove suppressors from the registry. Sure would be nice to get the rid of it all but start with baby steps. I think out of all the items, suppressors would be the easiest to argue for to remove. Hell, even the overtly anti gun UK openly supports suppressor use because its the neighborly thing to do lol.

Funny story, just the other day my wife and I were talking to the neighbors and they were like "we noticed you guys dont shoot as much as you used to" we laughed and said "oh we do, were just a lot quieter about it" haha.

I just want suppressors for everything. My wife was saying "you can buy a gun when we pay these bills off (there she goes being fiscally responsible haha)" i was like...i dont even want any more guns, i just want more suppressors.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

vaeevictiss wrote:all the more reason to push your states law makers into sending up bills to remove suppressors from the registry. Sure would be nice to get the rid of it all but start with baby steps. I think out of all the items, suppressors would be the easiest to argue for to remove. Hell, even the overtly anti gun UK openly supports suppressor use because its the neighborly things.
The problem here is Hollywood. We were watching a movie last night. Petit woman firing off at least a thousand rounds of 50 cal with a stand up tripod, no recoil. Movies with mobsters and drug dealers using cans.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

hardcase wrote:
vaeevictiss wrote:all the more reason to push your states law makers into sending up bills to remove suppressors from the registry. Sure would be nice to get the rid of it all but start with baby steps. I think out of all the items, suppressors would be the easiest to argue for to remove. Hell, even the overtly anti gun UK openly supports suppressor use because its the neighborly things.
The problem here is Hollywood. We were watching a movie last night. Petit woman firing off at least a thousand rounds of 50 cal with a stand up tripod, no recoil. Movies with mobsters and drug dealers using cans.
Let me guess, RED 2 with Helen Mirren. She's pretty hot in the role, and a funny movie despite the firearm inaccuracies.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

Regarding the fingerprints, I once had to have my concealed carry permit renewed and went to the class they have at gun shows and saw that they do the fingerprinting right there. Gun shows are fairly common in many areas, and they usually have these classes for states where CC is allowed. I know I also went there for them to notarize my trust paperwork so maybe some people can go to a gun show that has the CC classes and get them to fingerprint you for a small fee.

Regarding the new rule I do have one question.

I know that part of the rule is that if you've had something transferred or approved within X amount of time (I think it was 6 months, but not sure, someone chime in for me here) instead of the prints and picture you just have to have a statement that no changes have been made. If I've had items transferred to my trust last year, and I manage to get a form in now before the new rule takes effect, does this then mean that I can simply continue to get transfers without the pics and prints as long as I make sure to have something in the works every six months (or however long the period is)?
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

cvasqu03 wrote:
Regarding the new rule I do have one question.

I know that part of the rule is that if you've had something transferred or approved within X amount of time (I think it was 6 months, but not sure, someone chime in for me here) instead of the prints and picture you just have to have a statement that no changes have been made. If I've had items transferred to my trust last year, and I manage to get a form in now before the new rule takes effect, does this then mean that I can simply continue to get transfers without the pics and prints as long as I make sure to have something in the works every six months (or however long the period is)?
This only affects the entity documents for trusts, LLCs, Corps. FP and pics will be required for each submission postmarked after July 12th.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Joker31D wrote:Just tell them you are volunteering for a charity that requires them. The charity I work for requires Fingerprints, Background check and a Military service check.

We had someone say they were in the Air Force PJ's before and I ended up calling him out on it and called some PJ's I knew to verify, He of course was lying. The service check is mainly a Troop ID verification, a DD214 and a BS check during a conversation with me (Trained BS detector) If you dont lie we let you work with the group. I co-ordinate all the hunting activities in the program so I need people I can trust to walk behind me with a loaded weapon.

We have had fake seals, a fake PJ, a fake pilot, even a fake Secret Service guy (He was turned in) all kinds of people wish they had the crappy job we had (The military isnt a glamorous or great job in the grand scheme of things and with the plans they are trying to implement, its will be even less attractive) If it wasnt for the great people I have worked with, I would have quit after my first contract. Our pay sucks, you have to jump tons of hoops just to get paid sometimes (Ever fill out a pay inquiry you didnt have to call about more than once) you get good benefits but the DEERS system is so screwed up that I had to go to 3 different offices just to get them to understand that I had 2 kids (and they were born 6 years apart) The housing is horrible when you can get it because there are so many people fighting with their spouses constantly and the rules in housing are stupid. Then if you get wounded like I did, you wait 5 years to get a rating that you have to wait almost 2 more to get it fixed then you get the worst care in the country. All this while you lose buddies to Suicide, IED's and Friendly fire. Trust me its not Glamorous.
I know you posted this almost an entire year ago (I haven't been following the forum like I used to) and that I'm preaching to the choir here.....but the way this country treats y'all is F%$%ING deplorable! It doesn't put any money in y'all hands, but for what it's worth I sure do appreciate the hell outta y'all and hope this new administration can do something to help our Vets who are in need out! After crappy pay, hoops to jump though, and the risks y'all have taken while serving you shouldn't have to put up that s--t. Meanwhile the lifetime State Medicaid abusers get good care at extreme costs to the taxpayers. Sure is a FUBAR, ass-backwards system we have here!

Thanks again to you, your buddies (both alive and those that paid the ultimate price), and all other service men and women!

Jay
I've gotta stop this habit.