trust question

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

trust question

Post by ericdraven »

ok all my supressors on are on my trust , me and wife as trustees , how do i go about adding beneficararies like my daughters ? incase something happened to us ?

do i have to pay for more tax stamps or how would one ammend it, i know on my trust if came to not be able to be main trustee it goes to wife in second trustee , im just wondering if it way thats simple to add my grown daughters as the benificaries
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: trust question

Post by Fulliautomatix »

ericdraven wrote:ok all my supressors on are on my trust , me and wife as trustees , how do i go about adding beneficararies like my daughters ? incase something happened to us ?

do i have to pay for more tax stamps or how would one ammend it, i know on my trust if came to not be able to be main trustee it goes to wife in second trustee , im just wondering if it way thats simple to add my grown daughters as the benificaries
Get your attorney to draft an amendment adding your daughters as beneficiaries.
You will not have to pay for more tax stamps, you only need a stamp when you transfer ownership of the NFA device.

For someone without a trust, the NFA devices can be transferred to beneficiaries on a Form 5, which is a tax free transfer.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Don't know what state you're a resident of or if your trust is revocable, but most states allow a settlor/ grantor to amend a revocable trust with a pen. Simply write "Notwithstanding any provisions herein to the contrary, I name my daughter Mary Jane Smith as the beneficiary of this trust." Sign and date it, and put it back in the safety deposit box.
O2HeN2
Silent But Deadly

Post by O2HeN2 »

As previously mentioned, it depends on what state you're in too. If you were in Colorado for instance, you'll have to get a BGC (requiring you to fill out a 4473) for each daughter listing all the firearms in the trust in addition to any trust modifications.

If all you have are suppressors in the trust... That I'm not sure of for Colorado.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
Philrozzi

Post by Philrozzi »

If you used quicken will maker it is very easy, you just open your saved trust and options will pop up where you can amend the trust.