NFA Trust & Multiple Suppressors Question

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

TimL2165

NFA Trust & Multiple Suppressors Question

Post by TimL2165 »

Hello All-

I'm new to the NFA side of things and thought I would ask the experts a couple questions...

I am having an NFA Trust completed and want to buy several suppressors, especially with the new rules coming down in the near future. Does anyone know if I buy several suppressors at once, for the very first time, on a brand new trust, does this raise all kinds of flags with the ATF, or is it just looked at with the same scrutiny as if I had purchased several over a longer length of time??

Basically I want to know if I should just buy one at first, and then after it's approved buy more. Or is it just as safe to buy several all at once?? I'm just trying to get the cans I want before the deadline, but I want to avoid as many headaches as possible in the process.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim
Kanook
Senior Silent Operator

Re: NFA Trust & Multiple Suppressors Question

Post by Kanook »

Buy as many as you want at once. It doesn't matter.

My first Tust purchase wsa 4.
Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

You wouldn't have time to purchase one and get it approved before the dead line. Purchase today and I bet your this time next year before getting it.
Hokie

Post by Hokie »

Loki_stormbringer wrote:You wouldn't have time to purchase one and get it approved before the dead line. Purchase today and I bet your this time next year before getting it.
As long as the form is submitted before the deadline it will be grandfathered in under the old rules per silencer shop.

http://blog.silencershop.com/details-atf-41f/
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

It has no bearing on the matter, I bought 3 while I was on the No Fly List (Mistake, I was supposed to be on the LEO approved list) Now, if you buy a bunch of regular firearms and the dealers fills out the Multiple Form and you do it in different districts, that does raise red flags. I had a visit one time because I bought mutiple firearms in FL (15 Lowers and 3 rifles, 4 pistols) and 10 lowers and 5 rifles in Arizona. I had just received my bonus check from the Military and bought at one duty station and then the next. Arizona was being watched at that time I was told, the funny thing was my next duty involved me being attached to a Counter Narco-Terrorism JTF in Mexico. The Agent that showed up didnt think it was funny when he showed his badge and I showed mine. He called OPR, wasnt funny to me later that week when I had to do a polygraph to keep my clearance. just buy responsibly if your a government employee, the poly guy was a collector too and pretty cool.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
TimL2165

Post by TimL2165 »

Thanks guys. That puts my mind at ease. I want to get several, but if buying several at once will delay the process (more than it already is), then I'd buy them one at a time. I just got my trust paperwork completed. I just have to visit the Notary and I should be good to go (At least that's how the attorney explained it to me). I'll be placing my order for what I want so it'll be submitted and I can join the mass of papers waiting for ATF approval.

Thanks again.

Tim
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

Buy what you want, you're already paying for the scrutiny.

I try to have several in process at any given time. That way every few months I get new toys.

We'll see how that progresses after the rule change takes effect and I have to drag my wife for passport photos and fingerprints...
Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

Hokie wrote:
Loki_stormbringer wrote:You wouldn't have time to purchase one and get it approved before the dead line. Purchase today and I bet your this time next year before getting it.
As long as the form is submitted before the deadline it will be grandfathered in under the old rules per silencer shop.

http://blog.silencershop.com/details-atf-41f/
Sorry, I meant to say you don't have time to submit a form, get it approved, and then turn around and buy others before the deadline.
Philrozzi

Post by Philrozzi »

It's all about dat mula to them man. They don't care what or how much you buy, only that you send them a nice fat check for all that stuff you want.