no love for the vector

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

fishman
Silent But Deadly

no love for the vector

Post by fishman »

i have no experience in pistol caliber SBRs, but i have been wanting a Kriss Vector to run suppressed for a long time. i love the looks of the gun, and the concept behind the recoil reducing bolt design. haven't decided 9mm vs .45 yet.

why are the MPX and Scorpion far more popular? is there something undesirable about the Vector?

300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: no love for the vector

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I shot one in .45 and although I can't complain about performance, it felt like wearing two left shoes. I've spent a lifetime learning how to throw weapons around to quickly get on target, change magazines, check for jams, etc. If it were my only weapon I'd adapt, but it's just too weird to transition back and forth to an AR for me.

Looks are also love it or hate it and price is no bargin with other more intuitive platforms IMO.

I'm also a 9mm AR guy to maximize the platform familiarity but think HK, Sig and CZ are slightly better overall.
Last edited by CanOfWhooppass on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Semi auto Kriss is kind of like nitrous on a taxi. Without full auto, its recoil controlling design is mostly added weight. In full auto it shines. I think it's ugly. It would be more popular if we could get rid of the stupid and invasive 1986 machine gun ban
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Have shot a suppressed semi Vector SBR. I found it frankly had a substantial thump recoil. Lots of metal moving around ...

A semi auto UMP is much more pleasant.

I do understand however, that the full auto vector is quite controllable whereas it is said that the full auto 45 UMP is not. Interesting I thought.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I've never shot one full auto, but heard it was not controlable, hard to keep a burst on a B27 at 15 yards. Rate is very high as I understand it. Anyone here shot one FA first hand?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

I shot one in 9mm. It ran like s--t and jammed every 4 or 5th round. I ran a total of 50 rounds through it. Can't say I was impressed.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

I've never shot one either way but was it a rental that is never cleaned or is it one that was properly maintained? I dont' fault a gun if it's had 5k rounds through it and was never cleaned. Don't know the particulars but just a possibility.
Aaron wrote:I shot one in 9mm. It ran like s--t and jammed every 4 or 5th round. I ran a total of 50 rounds through it. Can't say I was impressed.
475AR

Post by 475AR »

I had 2 of them, one out of the first hand made batch low 40's serial. It was a 16" and ran great, as soon as i found a factory sbr I jumped on it, and ran both for awhile then a dealer gave me more then what I had in the 16" so I sold it. I feel the sbr is the way to go on the Kriss. I also have a friend that has one of the first run guns and has not had any issues and loves his. I also have several pistol caliber AR-15's from 9mm to 50GI and when comparing them to the Kriss the Kriss tends to be more accurate. I also have shot the FA 45 Kriss and had no issues keeping it on target from 7yds to 50 in FA. Just have to get used to the trigger, which is the only issue i have with the Kriss is tje trigger, it is a long pull and gritty but has smoothed out over the last several thousand rounds. They are supposed to have a new upgraded trigger available soon and it is supposed to be 100% better, I hope to get one when they are available.
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

thecameraman79 wrote:I've never shot one either way but was it a rental that is never cleaned or is it one that was properly maintained? I dont' fault a gun if it's had 5k rounds through it and was never cleaned. Don't know the particulars but just a possibility.
Aaron wrote:I shot one in 9mm. It ran like s--t and jammed every 4 or 5th round. I ran a total of 50 rounds through it. Can't say I was impressed.
It was in fact a rental. The only other rental I've ever shot was a HK MP5 FA and that thing ran like a dream.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

I can count on one hand the amount of issues I've had with my personal firearms being run. I've rented an MP5, MP5SD and UMP that ran without a single issue and then I rented a MP5K that couldn't go more then 2 rounds without choking. They are not known for issues so my guess the vector you rented and the K I rented were isolated incidences or it was improperly maintained which rental guns typically are.
Aaron wrote:
thecameraman79 wrote:I've never shot one either way but was it a rental that is never cleaned or is it one that was properly maintained? I dont' fault a gun if it's had 5k rounds through it and was never cleaned. Don't know the particulars but just a possibility.
It was in fact a rental. The only other rental I've ever shot was a HK MP5 FA and that thing ran like a dream.
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

That is certainly possible. I have a friend who has a 9mm vector and he says he loves it. Next time we go to the range together, I'll ask him to bring it.