5 months door to door

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

5 months door to door

Post by cyclone72 »

For my Form 1 Trust SBR's. Sent off in January of this year and approved in June. Also posted this on NFA Tracker. Keep your heads up guys. :D
pacecars

Re: 5 months door to door

Post by pacecars »

Called today to check status of a form 4 submitted in February and they just changed their recording to say the wait is now 6 months instead of the 4 it said before
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

pacecars wrote:Called today to check status of a form 4 submitted in February and they just changed their recording to say the wait is now 6 months instead of the 4 it said before
:twisted: That sucks.
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Post by BlogSarge »

I have two form 4s that started in January and are through an LLC. Anyone know if LLC and trust form 4s are similar timing? I heard LLCs take longer, which will suck.

I don't even wanna think about the LLC form 1s I started last week... :(
Rlockman

Post by Rlockman »

Well I guess it can't get worse? The way I see it, we should see wait times decrease at this point. The big push to get them all in on time is over and many people are not purchasing anything else because of the fingerprint requirement. Possibly short sighted but that is a whole other debate. With submissions dropping off from here, they should start catching up to their usual 4 months before long. I personally just forget about new submissions until they show up approved.... Less stress and a nice surprise out of nowhere. :D
Dead Air Mask HD
Griffin Armament Alpha
SilencerCo Hybrid
Griffin Armament Resistance 45
Dead Air Sandman Ti
SilencerCo Omega
SilencerCo Sparrow SS
SilencerCo Specwar
Rugged Surge
Rugged Obsidian
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Rlockman wrote:Well I guess it can't get worse? The way I see it, we should see wait times decrease at this point. The big push to get them all in on time is over and many people are not purchasing anything else because of the fingerprint requirement. Possibly short sighted but that is a whole other debate. With submissions dropping off from here, they should start catching up to their usual 4 months before long. I personally just forget about new submissions until they show up approved.... Less stress and a nice surprise out of nowhere. :D
I don't think the wave has crested yet. I'm telling clients to be grateful for 8 months, but don't be surprised if it pushes our further. Times won't come down until it begins to recede.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

I figured the rush to beat the deadline will slow things down for a bit. Silencershop posted a pic of about 4100 pounds of forms worth about 1 million in tax stamps. They were all being submitted at about the same time on or before the 12th. IIRC, they were form 4's.
Rlockman

Post by Rlockman »

I just got an email a few days ago telling me that the form 3 for a can I ordered 6 weeks ago was approved and they were shipping it to my local dealer!! Holy smokes! Of course, none of this means anything in reality but it makes me feel better about the wait times. :lol:
Dead Air Mask HD
Griffin Armament Alpha
SilencerCo Hybrid
Dead Air Sandman Ti
SilencerCo Omega
SilencerCo Sparrow SS
SilencerCo Specwar
Rugged Surge
Rugged Obsidian
rb288

Post by rb288 »

I don'the think the wave will crest anytime soon.
With the rush to get filed before July 13th, any form 4's filed in June or July, don't expect anything before the end of the year, at best.
Good news us, that they will be working to get them processed as soon as they can.
Patience will be a virtue for the next 6 months.
Specwar 762
Specwar 556
2 Hybrids
Omega
Obsidian 45

18" Keltec RFB
8.25" 300blk sbr
10.5" 5.56 sbr
10.5" 6.5 g sbr
bolt actions in 223, 556, 6.5 c, 300blk, 308, 8x57, 450bm
Rlockman

Post by Rlockman »

Oh man! I just got another email for a form 3 approval. This one was just less than 60 days. Of course now the form 4 will be ready next year. :lol:
Dead Air Mask HD
Griffin Armament Alpha
SilencerCo Hybrid
Dead Air Sandman Ti
SilencerCo Omega
SilencerCo Sparrow SS
SilencerCo Specwar
Rugged Surge
Rugged Obsidian
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I'm still waiting on a Form 4 can submitted in January. I got the SN from the manufacturer, paid for everything and didn't have to wait on the Form 3 to the dealer before submitting the Form 4 which adds another 3-4 weeks for Form 3 to dealer.

My first can took 15 months about 5 years ago. Even though it is still to slow, times are better than they use to be.

On a previous two cans, I got tangled up with two partners in a gun shop that had a falling out and was a nightmare getting my hands on the cans. I learned to be carful who you deal with.

We need to use the New Zealand method for buying a can. There the only paperwork you need is the money. On the downside in NZ handguns are just about impossible to own.