Scorpion questions

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Scorpion questions

Post by Joker31D »

I just got a Scorpion for the Veterans Charity I help run now (Recently became a board member) and we bought a Scorpion for our adaptive shooting program. I have a little problem pulling the charging handle (I have reduced ability in my right arm) Does anyone have any tips on replacement parts to make it easier to pull back because many of our Range Officers we trained have a problem also.

The trigger is also a little heavy but I plan on changing the springs out on that as soon as I get more money in my departments budget. I also need to get a brace and adapter for it.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Scorpion questions

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

First thing I would do is leave the bolt locked back for a week, this can help a new stiff spring to relax a little.

Since the handle is a bit small you might look for a bigger one.
http://www.shooterselement.com/cz-scorp ... product/87
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Yeah I thought about that but some of the guys have hooks and that same one slipped at our last event on a loaner some brought. maybe I can have one made with more of a hook on it to engage better, We store them all locked open so hopefully they will loosen up... its tighter than any of the HK's I have even the 91 I have never fired.

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Try this one, much more of a curved face to it, also bigger than the OEM handle.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

thank you, I'll try it. Just received my new grip for the scorpion and love it, it fits the wheelchair mount very well and should be able to get more leverage with it also. The Yeti works Everest is very nice indeed. I look forward to finding a suppressor adapter next, Silencerco doesnt make a way to tri-lug an osprey so I'm stuck unless I get a regular thread adapter then use a regular threaded piston. Wish they made a proper piston or a trilug.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Joker31D wrote:thank you, I'll try it. Just received my new grip for the scorpion and love it, it fits the wheelchair mount very well and should be able to get more leverage with it also. The Yeti works Everest is very nice indeed. I look forward to finding a suppressor adapter next, Silencerco doesnt make a way to tri-lug an osprey so I'm stuck unless I get a regular thread adapter then use a regular threaded piston. Wish they made a proper piston or a trilug.
Assuming this is one of the pistols with the 18x1 thread pattern? Is so there are a number of options from CZ Custom. This adaptor will get you to 1/2x28. Alternatively they sell replacement barrels that are already threaded 1/2x28 without need for an adaptor. I am looking to use one of these on my Carbine to make it into an SBR (after my stamp comes back).
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I really wanted to avoid using an adapter or turning my cheaper than a reliable 9mm AR into a money pit, I'll just buy a new Suppressor (Not Silencerco this time) with the right thread or trade the scorpion away to someone else who wont suppress it. its a nice system but the bone heads didnt look at the market they were selling to. Its a common problem with foreign firearms manufacturers. The US civilian market is the largest firearms purchasing group in the world, you would think they would have done a little research considering how quickly 9mm carbines have failed in the past here.

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Joker31D wrote:I really wanted to avoid using an adapter or turning my cheaper than a reliable 9mm AR into a money pit, I'll just buy a new Suppressor (Not Silencerco this time) with the right thread or trade the scorpion away to someone else who wont suppress it. its a nice system but the bone heads didnt look at the market they were selling to. Its a common problem with foreign firearms manufacturers. The US civilian market is the largest firearms purchasing group in the world, you would think they would have done a little research considering how quickly 9mm carbines have failed in the past here.
They did look at the market before they released it and it was discussed at length and decided to go forward.