Form 5320.20 Address Change / Timeline Questions AKA: Silly ex bf drama

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

HonEur12

Form 5320.20 Address Change / Timeline Questions AKA: Silly ex bf drama

Post by HonEur12 »

This chick's SBR was assembled under her trust's address at the time (where she lived) which we will call address A.

She needs to file a 5320.20 for two reasons:

1) She no longer lives at that address and wants to file a permanent address change.
2) She will be going out of state in 2 months for NV training and need a permission slip to bring her rifle.

She currently lives at Address B, but cannot, under any circumstances, have mail go to crazy possessive ex-BF stalker's mailbox who still lives at Address A.

What does she put on the 5320.20 to get the approved form returned to address B? Does she put Name of Trust and Address B in Box 1 even though that doesn't match the Form 1 and she's never filed a 5320.20 before?

I'm assuming Box 6 and 7 would be Address B because that is where the rifle is at now, and where it will be returned, correct?

Her trust has been amended with the new address, FWIW.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 5320.20 Address Change / Timeline Questions AKA: Silly ex bf drama

Post by rimshaker »

Some Trusts don't mention addresses at all, so that's irrelevant to them.

All F1 and F4 address changes are simply made in writing to the address listed on the back. The update should be pretty quick. But do this first asap so it's official.

Then she could just use new address B in box 1. Addresses change all the time for people. In the end, the ATF just cares about the correct serial# and info in box 4.

Box 6 is new address B also.
Box 7 should be the NV training address.
rb288

Post by rb288 »

Maybe I'm not getting something here, but just have the Post Office forward any mail addressed to "address a" in her name to "address b".
It is a simple form and nothing in her name will hit "address a" mailbox.

Make a permanent address change to the Post Office in your name only. That will make it permanent.
Specwar 762
Specwar 556
2 Hybrids
Omega
Obsidian 45

18" Keltec RFB
8.25" 300blk sbr
10.5" 5.56 sbr
10.5" 6.5 g sbr
bolt actions in 223, 556, 6.5 c, 300blk, 308, 8x57, 450bm
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

You can have the 5320.20 go to the new address. When I moved last time thats what I did and everything followed me here. The old house sold MUCH faster than we thought it was going to and I was out the door of that place before I thought I would be. Yes, I moved out of state THEN filed the 5320.20. ATF didnt care.
Last edited by YugoRPK on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

repost
Putting the laughter in manslaughter