HK UMP 45 / SIG MPX suppressor?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

HK UMP 45 / SIG MPX suppressor?

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

(Mods, please move if necessary - placed here because of SBR question)...

Ok, well i have bought a few suppressors now (Osprey, SDN-6, Dead Air Mask) and have several SBRs already (300 BLK and 5.56). I like using the SDN-6 on my rifle cals and the Osprey on my handguns, which are all 45acp and 9mm. Now i'm looking for a suppressor to work on my new Sig MPX and incoming HK UMP (converted USC by Tom Bostic) in 45acp. The Osprey would technically work, but i would like a serviceable can, since i'm prob putting a heavy amt of rounds through these.

I was looking at the Griffin Armament Revolution 45, because it's serviceable, can be used in K config, and has a lot of great reviews - yet i haven't found any on SBRs. I like my SDN-6, but am kinda leaning against any more AAC products because of customer service/availability of piston concerns.
What suppressor would YOU recommend, why, and any personal SBRd pistol cal use that is relevant - all input appreciated. Keep in mind, i'm a buy-once-cry-once kinda guy, if paying a bit extra for a better product, i'm ok with it. Thanks!

[edit to add]
Ok, so here are my options (that i am considering at the moment)...can be additions and subtractions from this list as we continue, but i'm gonna be deciding in next 2 wks...
Griffin Armament Revolution
Liberty Cosmic
Dead Air Ghost
SilencerCo Octane 45
It's always the quiet guy in the room...with a suppressor.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: HK UMP 45 / SIG MPX suppressor?

Post by Fulliautomatix »

I have a AR45 SBR that I use an Octane on. No experience with any of the cans you have listed. I also have used a Rugged Obsidian on it, and it worked just as well as the Octane. I liked that the pistons/mounts are interchangeable between the two cans, and that they are both user serviceable designs with SS baffles. I also use the Octane on a 16" .45-70 with subs.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

Fulliautomatix wrote:I have a AR45 SBR that I use an Octane on. No experience with any of the cans you have listed. I also have used a Rugged Obsidian on it, and it worked just as well as the Octane. I liked that the pistons/mounts are interchangeable between the two cans, and that they are both user serviceable designs with SS baffles. I also use the Octane on a 16" .45-70 with subs.
The Octane has a couple advantages in this race, one being SiCo customer service, and two being i already have the Osprey which shares pistons
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Have an Octane 45 mounted on the HDPS UMP 45 SBR. Works great.

Using an Octane 9HD on the SIG MPX pistol. Is VERY quiet w 158 gr Fiocchi ;-) Same threads as on the SIG Mk25.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

eastern_hunter wrote:Have an Octane 45 mounted on the HDPS UMP 45 SBR. Works great.

Using an Octane 9HD on the SIG MPX pistol. Is VERY quiet w 158 gr Fiocchi ;-) Same threads as on the SIG Mk25.
Thanks! I'm leaning heavily towards the Octane. The only thing is i cant use in full and k lengths and its a tad heavier than the others i'm lookin at. But with me already having an Osprey, i can share pistons, the SiCo customer service is great, they are a big company that isn't likely to go away anytime soon, and the pistons/fixed barrel spacer are readily available...
STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

I used the YHM Wraith XL on this posty, I tried other can's this one sounded better and had the QD feature.