Hearing Protection Act

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bakerjw
Elite Member

Re: Hearing Protection Act

Post by bakerjw »

All, please be civil. It's been quiet here for a long time and in the span of a handful of days we get several threads reported. Some justified, some not. But regardless, just play nice.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

bwp777 wrote:not here for the pissing match and I know nothing of Canada except they have poorly executed health care, or so I hear. beautiful I hear as well.
A health care system which has been taking a beating due to a number of conflicting forces. No need to go into all the nuances, but suffice that the current government (the previous disastrous 'conservative' party run by Harper failed us there and in so many other ways for 9 years) is striving to find better ways to organise health care delivery to reduce the swollen wait times for certain types of services. I've not found the health care system to be a problem at all. My family tends to be healthy, but the few times family members have needed care, it's been there for us, promptly and thoroughly. I'd like dental care to be wrapped into health care, but suspect we're a generation or two away from that.
bwp777 wrote:having nukes doesn't make you less of a target sir, it is indeed the freedoms you have that make 1 a target
Not sure if you're actually intending to say what you've said here... I said it was a good thing that Trudeau (senior) finally managed to kick US nukes out of Canada, making us less a target of people who hate the USA. You seem to be suggesting I said the opposite in the first part of that sentence, then going on to suggest that Canadian's freedoms make us a target as much as American's freedoms might (according to your theory). Can't really make out the logic with either. Paranoia, sure, but not logic.
bwp777 wrote:hitlery being "nearly as bad"? I doubt we could have a civil convo about life, liberty (specifically religious), gun rights (which is another snafu you guys/gals up north seem to take issue with), our military and the list goes on. I'll keep my north America as you seem well fitted to your Canadian homeland.
Again I'm having trouble following a logical thread in this statement. In the above paragraph you seemed to be saying that Canadian freedoms will still result in us being a target of the evil communists or whoever. But now you're saying that Canadian freedoms don't exist, because we don't have your freedom to carry weapons everywhere (or many places, with many others having weapons bans)? Guns don't have rights, but I get what you're saying, you love your freedoms around gun possession. A lot of Canadians have guns. In fact our rate of gun ownership isn't much different from yours. The types and descriptions vary from yours, but we have stuff you guys can't have just the same as the corollary on your side. Apples and oranges, it seems. Add to that the 1976 position paper from the Canadian Union of Police Chiefs which made clear that in their opinion, Canadians had every right to defend themselves and their families with firearms, and that further the particular tool used in such defenses was irrelevant, and I have trouble seeing the differences being all that big. On the religion question... you're probably correct, as I have no patience with such beliefs. But you're welcome to believe in whatever invisible goblins you like, so long as it doesn't interfere with my life.

If I sensed that Trump or his closest pals had even a vague clue as to any real, productive strategy for your country and its role in the world, I'd not be nearly so harsh in my comments towards them. But there's just nothing. The guy is not a businessman, he's a con man, a complete failure in any legitimate business he's started who only gleans profits when he falls back on cheating and swindling. Do I believe that he colluded with Russia? Of course not. He's far too unintelligent for that. His acolytes did the behind the scenes manipulating, and the Russians themselves were the primary motivators for the whole show, as it is in Putin's interest to destabilise the West. Creating a vast and powerful enemy is crucial when one's own grasp of power is slipping. Exactly as Trump is grasping at straws, trying to make North Korea and Iran into the place Americans focus their attention. Don't look at the failure in office! Watch the big ol' war show!
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 748 »

Unless I missed something the hearing protection act is pretty much balled up and in and the bottom of the trash correct?
So much has changed since my last form 1
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

748 wrote:Unless I missed something the hearing protection act is pretty much balled up and in and the bottom of the trash correct?
It depends on who talks to Trump last that day. :roll:
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

poikilotrm wrote:...
It depends on who talks to Trump last that day. :roll:
truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Literally the attention span of a goldfish.
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 748 »

Who runs canada?
No one cares.
And that's everything you ever needed to know about canada.
So much has changed since my last form 1
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

Who runs canada?
No one cares.
Well... Most US citizens don't care -- but then, in my experience they also don't care about much other outside their little cabbage-patch..

They also seem to think that the USA is "one country" -- Seen from most of the rest of the world the US is a giant quilt-blanket made up of little "counties" -- with a federal government trying to make the best of stitching it together and keep it from unraveling- :mrgreen:

To be honest - the Election showed that less than 52% of all US citizens allowed to vote cared enough about who runs the US to actually go and vote..

Where I live this number is usually around 88% -- So I guess you could say that the citizens of the US get exactly what(who) they deserve.. :mrgreen:
And that's everything you ever needed to know about canada.
Yep -- lets make ignorance a virtue ...
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

More people voting just gives you bigger numbers that don't change much. Apathy is a sign people are content with the way things are.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter