NFA SBR question and suppressor.

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

edteach
Senior Silent Operator

NFA SBR question and suppressor.

Post by edteach »

I am moving from Florida to Arkansas. Both states my trust is valid in. I applied to ATF for a transfer of my SBR with a form Application to Transport interstate. I filled it out on Sep. 5th and asked to move it Oct. 15th to Oct 25th. I was not sure of the exact day and it will take me three days to get to my destination as I will be driving a moving truck and going slow. I have not heard anything from ATF yet and tried to call but its a holiday. Any help appreciated. I was told that I do not need to inform ATF on the Suppressors.
DOGON
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Re: NFA SBR question and suppressor.

Post by crazyelece »

While technically correct on suppressors, sometimes it takes out a hassle for any unintended LEO encounters.

Anyway all you can do is wait for the return mail or call NFA branch and ask for the status on the form.

If at all possible (like temp putting a >16" barreled upper on an AR SBR and putting the short upper on a pistol lower) temporary configure your SBR to a title 1 configuration and you could also transport that way until you get confirmation on approval.
edteach
Senior Silent Operator

Post by edteach »

crazyelece wrote:While technically correct on suppressors, sometimes it takes out a hassle for any unintended LEO encounters.

Anyway all you can do is wait for the return mail or call NFA branch and ask for the status on the form.

If at all possible (like temp putting a >16" barreled upper on an AR SBR and putting the short upper on a pistol lower) temporary configure your SBR to a title 1 configuration and you could also transport that way until you get confirmation on approval.
On another forum someone said they had the same situation and ATF said to remove the upper from the lower and keep them separated while moving and until they got the approval letter.
DOGON
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Post by crazyelece »

If by keep them seperated you mean two different people have possession, then that could work as well

But if you mean have all the parts but in an un-assembled state, then you would be meeting the definition of "constructive possession" and could still be charged
edteach
Senior Silent Operator

Post by edteach »

crazyelece wrote:If by keep them seperated you mean two different people have possession, then that could work as well

But if you mean have all the parts but in an un-assembled state, then you would be meeting the definition of "constructive possession" and could still be charged
I sent a hard copy signed of the application. I also sent it three times email. Its still not in the system. ATF is a joke. I really should have bought a arm brace and pistol.
DOGON