Stalking Rhino Industries

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

chuckh84

Stalking Rhino Industries

Post by chuckh84 »

So, First I would like to introduce myself, My name is Chuck. I have read 1000’sof post and gained tons of info from this forum. This is the first time I have ever posted. I would like to say that I am not hear to smear someone’s reputation or name. I simply want the situation resolved.
I started a New gun project in FEB of 2012, with a guy named Matt from Stalking Rhino Industries, he came well recommended and with a good reputation. I wanted a custom build .458 SoCom integrally suppressed. I contacted Matt, and at the first of the process, he was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. WE went through the design phase and had everything mapped out. The price was set and to start on the project %65 deposit was needed. That money was sent and received in the spring of 2013. At this point I knew this process took time so I waited, and waited, and waited, oh yeah I waited some more. Then in the late fall of 2014, I finally had communication with Matt, but this wasn’t via phone, this was via email and this was him explaining why he hasn’t answered calls, why he don’t have time, why he hasn’t finished. Then after several more months of no comms at all, I finally get an email in March of 2015, that had a whole other set of reasons as to why he hasn’t finished. And then Stating that he was only waiting on me to make a decision on a new quad rail, because the original one we chose was unavailable (Funny, as I have bought 2 of them since this time period). I chose the rail he suggested, because he said this rail was available immediately. The Communication at this point is once again None existent, he will not answer calls, emails, voicemails … and then when you hear the rare word, its always something along the lines of I didn’t hear the phone, I didn’t get any voicemails, what # are you calling?, more excuses all the time.
Well, at this point in May of 2015 Im not sending anymore money to a guy that has been very shady for well on 2 years, I was on a Job in Virginia and had to make my way through NC. After a small search, I found a PO box for Stalking Rhino and a Physical address in Cameron, NC. After a couple knocks on the door and no answer (of course), I googled the closest gun store, I asked SIRI to take me there and when I entered I found a gentleman that was familiar with Matt from Stalking Rhino. I gave him my Number name and email and told him to tell Matt That I was looking for him.
I have been told my email was sent to the spam folder multiple times , or my email was sent on OCT 7 2015, but didn’t “show up” in his email till JAN 17 2016. It’s almost as if we are making a 2nd go around on the list of excuses at this point. Now, whether or not Matt got my message from the guy in the gun store I don’t know, but its seems coincidence that very soon after I left my message in the gun store, I finally get an email from Matt, Stating that all he needed to finish, was me to pay the remaining balance and for me to send him My SOT/Form3 info. I replied to him, that I had money in hand and would send money with SOT/Form3 info, just as soon as you send me a picture of my product finished and operable. It was several months before I get 1 picture sent, that was a far off shot of some undistinguishable gun. You couldn’t see crap and in reality it looks like a generic picture off of gun broker. I replied to him with the info for my SOT/F3 dealer and told him that when he contacted my dealer and my dealer confirmed the contact, that I would send the remaining balance. It wasn’t until DEC of 2015 That he finally contacted my SOT/F3 dealer. At this point in time I had started another job lasting for several months on nightshift, working 7/12’s. I was out of town and unavailable until April of 2016. Upon return home, I sent the remaining balance immediately. In OCT 2016 after countless more unanswered voicemails and emails, I told Matt that I was going to pursue legal proceedings against him and his company. At this point, we are going on 4 years and I feel I have allowed ample time and been very patient with a laundry list of excuses. He did not answer me until JAN 2017, and told me once again that my email was “misplaced” and didn’t show up until 3 months later. In this email, he told me the product was completed and that the Form 3 was at the ATF for approval, this email was Dated Jan 20th 2017, He also asked for my address so he could send the completed upper receiver not including the suppressor. I sent him my address and received my upper Receiver, not including the suppressor, in mid February. I also stated to Matt that this only temporarily halted the legal proceedings that were started back in OCT. 2016. For the whole year of 2017 I WAIT some more! … still terrible communication from matt and no interest in resolving anything. The day of this post, JAN 26 2018, I have left voice messages, FB messages and emails with still no answer, and the last communication saying he was still waiting for approval from ATF just to send the suppressor to my SOT /F3 dealer. The old saying says “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” ….. This is me being squeaky. I don’t want anything bad to come to Matt or his company, I hope They thrive in this economy, but with service like I have received from him, he will not stay in business. I understand the wait from the ATF, what I don’t understand is a project taking 6 YEARS to complete, and me having to start legal proceedings, that cost me even more money, to get any results from this guy. Unacceptable IMO. I have people who have sent off for and received (3) F3 weapons in the time this guy takes just to send an email. Looking for a resolution

Chuck From Misssissippi
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stalking Rhino Industries

Post by poikilotrm »

Quit talking, start the suit.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

The resolutions most often available from airing your grievances on the interwebs is abuse, commiseration or advice worth what you paid for it.

If you have whatever is in that wall of text documented somewhere in writing and you have no intention of driving to North Carolina to get satisfaction then give that wall of text and the supporting documentation to a decent lawyer [oxymoron] and pay him the $250 to tell you if it's worth his time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

What doubloon really meant to say was, “Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!”.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Chuck
I can understand your frustration in having a one off product made that involves a title two weapon. You can't reason with the government, you can't submit paperwork early and you can't predict how long they will take to return anything to you.Its a headache for a customer and the workmen when timely communication is not available between all party's at all times. I know this because I worked making custom NFA weapons for 30 years.

I made a few calls and have confirmed that your suppressor will be shipped this Tuesday with apologies for any delays.
PM sent
-Capt Link
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Damn, more then 4 years even for a "custom" build that's beyond reasonable in any stretch of the imagination.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

thecameraman79 wrote:Damn, more then 4 years even for a "custom" build that's beyond reasonable in any stretch of the imagination.
Ever hear that there are two sides to every story,you know but one!
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Capt. Link. wrote:
thecameraman79 wrote:Damn, more then 4 years even for a "custom" build that's beyond reasonable in any stretch of the imagination.
-CL
Aircraft carriers are built in less time. The P-38 Lightning went from drawing board to flying aircraft in 7 months. The Manhattan Project went from nothing to nukes in less time. So what is the other side of the story, pray tell?
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

poikilotrm wrote:
Capt. Link. wrote:
-CL
Aircraft carriers are built in less time. The P-38 Lightning went from drawing board to flying aircraft in 7 months. The Manhattan Project went from nothing to nukes in less time. So what is the other side of the story, pray tell?

You do have a point.

Over the years, with anything, I have found that custom usually means: we'll throw it on the back burner until you complain enough then we will rush to get it finished before legal action take place.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

It would be interesting to have full access to all the communication between the two parties.

Somehow I believe we'd find blame for this fiasco could likely be spread almost equally between the two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
carcrusher

Post by carcrusher »

I live 10Min from Cameron.
You don't get your $$$ back, I'll start snooping'.