Question Regarding Eform Form 2 for 07/02 FFL SOT

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wreckt

Question Regarding Eform Form 2 for 07/02 FFL SOT

Post by Wreckt »

Hi all, first post here

I just eform form 2 filed my first manufactured machine gun trigger pack.

The eform status is currently "pending".

I'm wondering if I can take it out to a private range to shoot to confirm function before it becomes "approved.

Thanks,
K
telero
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question Regarding Eform Form 2 for 07/02 FFL SOT

Post by telero »

Not an FFL/SOT, but my understanding is that a Form 2 is a notification, not application for registration. Once submitted, you're fine to do whatever. If you were to try to transfer it on a form 3/4, the form 2 would processing need to have been completed so that the item is in the registry and able to be transferred, but I'm assuming that'd be fairly quick compared to the other forms processing.
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question Regarding Eform Form 2 for 07/02 FFL SOT

Post by ECCO Machine »

It will always show "pending research" on any new model you submit for a few days.

F2 gets filed when the weapon is "done", and not before. I have a chicom S&S with 10" barrels on it in the shop that's still not F2'd. I cut the damaged stock down to a pistol grip, and quickly discovered it's simply not usable with the pistol grip, so it's not finished until I figure out a stock solution to have an OAL for F2.

F2 does enter NFA items into the registry, but as said above, it's not the same as individuals waiting on approved F1 before they can start manufacturing or F4 to take possession. We build first, then file, and there is no limit to the amount of testing/use in the interim.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist