Building a multi caliber form 1 suppressor

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jerseyboy50

Building a multi caliber form 1 suppressor

Post by Jerseyboy50 »

Hello. I am new to this forum and I have been having a burning desire to either purchase a Suppressor or make a form 1 suppressor to fire multiple calibers. I notice that a good quality suppressor that fits .556, .223, 9mm up to a .45acp are expensive. Not wishing to spend time in the federal prison system I have two questions. 1- to build a Form 1 suppressor I have been looking at the " Solvent Traps, Mag light" home build kits. What size should it be? I am thinking 12/28 thread to include other adapters but I want it to be able to be used on a .223, 5.56, 9mm and a .45acp. 2- should it be built with freeze caps, conned baffles or I was thinking using a monofilament cartridge. I already have my stamp for a .22 took 10 months. Where can I get the material needed to make a form 1 suppressor? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Building a multi caliber form 1 suppressor

Post by 748 »

1/2x28 wont work on a "45".
I also don't think shooting any kind of 22 through a 45 will quiet it down as much as you would like.
Also the problem is a typical 5.56 rated silencer is about 1.5 inches fat, be 6 to 8 inches long and weighs 6 to 8 ounces, a 308win silencer will be at least 1.5 inches fat, be at least 8 inches long amd tip the scales starting at 1lb, the upper weight range is 22-24 ounces.
But a 22lr silencer can be under an inch wide, as short as 4 inches long and weigh a little over 2 ounces.

You probably want a 5/8 thread base and adapter it down to 1/2×28. Then most pistols that aren't straight blow back need a recoil booster to cycle them or they need a tiny low mass 3 ounce can like a gemtech aurora.
There are 2 main designs. Fixed and ones with moving parts. The fixed ones are normally for straight blowback and gas operated guns. Most form 1 silencers are for fixed.
Quiet bore dot Com has a pretty good eform 1 guide.

What I would say is what do you really want to suppress?
If you really want a quiet 9mm and 45 can, then you can get a 45 can with recoil booster that works really well on 9mm too.
Then get a cheap little solvent trap and a form 1 and do a cheap 22lr can if you want a quiet 22lr.
So much has changed since my last form 1
noname

Post by noname »

If you don't plan on shooting subs you most likely will not be satisfied with a suppressor. The difference between subs and suppers is like night and day. Also bolt closing on an AR is loud. Go with a bolt gun, or single shot or adjustable gas block on an AR that you can close all the way making it a single shot.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

What you are talking about is building a 45 silencer and using it on other stuff to. Just build a 45 silencer with .578 threads and buy a thread adapter and use a reduced size end cap sleeve. Then you can use different ends on it. Big silencer companies do it. You can too. No one is going to prosecute you and if they try even a terrible lawyer can get you off citing off the shelf silencers that do the same thing. Will it work on a .22? Yes, it will. Will it be perfect? Nope but who cares. It might be 122dB instead of 117 db. Oh no.

Educate yourself. Use stainless clipped cones and stop saying stuff like"monofilament cartridge".
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Keithadupt
Silent Operator

The Worst Advice We've Ever Heard About Five Steps To Become A Blogger

Post by Keithadupt »

Learn to be an enhanced author. Composing is conversation at its heart. Becker states that writing is about Placing your thoughts on paper and having other people to just accept your Concepts.

Composing, as with all other forms of interaction, will get much better by way of practice. It isn't a necessity to write improved It's going to come in a natural way as you're employed at it. It can be accurate! Blogs are don't just a great approach to increase your website's composing, but In addition it offers a great opportunity to reinforce all components of your creating, from business enterprise email messages and texts to your novel you've got constantly needed to produce.

Come across new mates. Becker writes "Whether you happen to be utilizing electronic mail, comments, as well as social websites, you could potentially be described as a surprise to you how briskly persons join over the internet."

Which is legitimate! It really is legitimate! The Minimalists web site may be the main reason For a lot of of my most crucial connections in the final ten years. These include friendships with very long-term individual and company associations which have been forged by this blog.

You can turn out to be a lot more confident. Becker writes "Blogging will let you discover larger confidence in your daily life." It truly is true.
Composing can you add a bitly link on instagram to drive a blog post
will help us much better understand our life as well as ramifications of our actions.
[url=https://telegra.ph/How-do-you-start-your-blog-and-be-successful-in-2022-07-07-2]comment faire apparaitre ses photos instagram sur son blog wordpres
[/url]
Keithadupt
Silent Operator

Why You Should Forget About Improving Your Five Steps To Become A Blogger

Post by Keithadupt »

Learn to become an enhanced writer. Producing is communication at its heart. Becker states that composing is about Placing your thoughts on paper and receiving Other individuals to just accept your Suggestions.

Producing, as with all different kinds of communication, will get much better by way of follow. It isn't a prerequisite to jot down better It's going to are available in a normal way as you're employed at it. It is real! Weblogs are not just a fantastic strategy to increase your website's writing, but Furthermore, it presents a great prospect to improve all areas of your writing, from organization e-mail and texts towards the novel you've got constantly desired to write.

Obtain new mates. Becker writes "Irrespective of whether you might be employing e-mail, comments, and even social networking, you might certainly be a shock to you how briskly persons join on the net."

Which is genuine! It can be legitimate! The Minimalists site may be the primary reason For lots of of my most critical connections in the last decade. These include things like friendships with extended-expression personalized and company relationships which were being cast through this site.

You will grow to be much more confident. Becker writes "Blogging can help you discover larger assurance in your daily life." It really is actual.
Writing blog etiquette when sharing someone else's instagram photos
can help us far better comprehend our lives as well as ramifications of our steps.
[url=https://telegra.ph/How-do-you-start-your-blog-and-be-successful-in-2022-07-07-2]comment faire apparaitre ses photos instagram sur son blog wordpres
[/url]
Keithadupt
Silent Operator

6 Books About Five Steps To Become A Blogger You Should Read

Post by Keithadupt »

Master to become an enhanced writer. Composing is conversation at its coronary heart. Becker states that crafting is focused on putting your ideas on paper and acquiring Others to accept your Concepts.

Composing, as with all other forms of conversation, gets much better through observe. It isn't really a need to write better It will eventually are available in a organic way as you work at it. It's accurate! Blogs are not only a fantastic approach to increase your blog site's writing, but In addition, it provides a wonderful likelihood to enhance all facets of your crafting, from small business e-mail and texts to your novel you've normally wanted to publish.

Find new mates. Becker writes "Whether you might be applying e-mail, feedback, as well as social media, you could potentially be a surprise for you how fast men and women connect over the internet."

Which is genuine! It really is true! The Minimalists blog is definitely the primary reason For most of my most crucial connections in the last 10 years. These contain friendships with very long-time period personalized and company interactions which had been solid as a result of this web site.

You can expect to grow to be a lot more self-assured. Becker writes "Running a blog can help you uncover greater self confidence in your daily life." It really is genuine.
Creating food blog page names for instagram
aids us better comprehend our life as well as ramifications of our actions.
[/url]
Keithadupt
Silent Operator

7 Horrible Mistakes You're Making With Five Steps To Become A Blogger

Post by Keithadupt »

Study to become an improved writer. Writing is communication at its coronary heart. Becker states that writing is centered on putting your ideas on paper and receiving other people to simply accept your Thoughts.

Creating, just like all other forms of communication, receives superior through observe. It's actually not a requirement to put in writing superior It'll come in a pure way as you're employed at it. It is really accurate! Blogs are not simply a wonderful technique to help your site's crafting, but Additionally, it gives a wonderful opportunity to reinforce all areas of your composing, from organization emails and texts towards the novel you've constantly desired to compose.

Come across new close friends. Becker writes "Irrespective of whether you're working with electronic mail, responses, and even social media marketing, you could possibly be considered a shock to you how briskly folks hook up on the web."

Which is true! It can be accurate! The Minimalists website would be the primary reason For numerous of my most significant connections in the last decade. These include things like friendships with long-expression individual and business associations which were forged through this weblog.

You can expect to develop into far more assured. Becker writes "Running a blog may help you find out greater assurance in your daily life." It is actual.
Writing how to make a blog page on instagram
will help us much better understand our lives plus the ramifications of our steps.
[/url]