Fastest cycling sub gun?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Zack3g

Post by Zack3g »

The only videos I have of it without a can are when it was running a bit slower. Here's a few:

My max RPM was somewhere just shy of 3100 rpm, i don't remember the exact figure, though. That's in the video below.

Couple more of it going fast:

Watch this video closely, and listen carefully. I took this video to illustrate the difference that a simple ammo selection can make. Also, this is the video that the max RPM clip was snipped from.

i just like this one:

This is the only pic I have handy right now

Can by SRT, optic by Eotech.
OnyxSkyDV
Elite Member

GAU .22

Post by OnyxSkyDV »

A while back Halo Mfg was working on a .22lr chain gun. You can still find some info on the web. Never know if it got done, though they claim a few working prototypes.

That would be a fun ROF, and a way to make even .22lr expensive.

Onyx
MrM4
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrM4 »

I think we have all seen your videos multiple times, dont you think its about time you share with us what has been done to the gun :wink:
2009 Fun Gun Shoot

www.fungunshoot.com

South Dakota's Largest Machine Gun Shoot
Zack3g

Post by Zack3g »

MrM4 wrote:I think we have all seen your videos multiple times, dont you think its about time you share with us what has been done to the gun :wink:
it's all been posted before, but here's the short version

polished and profiled the inside of the upper as well as the contact surfaces of the bolt to make it all nice and smooth

made my own buffer stack out of old computer mouse pads

bought a side charging upper and i'm using the shark charging handle

recon ord mags (these are really important, the zytels choke easy)

147gr ammo for max speed, the can helps a bit too.

beyond that, it's just a little trial and error, add a buffer, remove a buffer, keep the gun well lubed and hope for the best.
MrM4
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrM4 »

Thanks for the info
2009 Fun Gun Shoot

www.fungunshoot.com

South Dakota's Largest Machine Gun Shoot
Heavy is the Crown

Post by Heavy is the Crown »

Why the hell would u ever want to speed up a mac. I like to to slow them down in fact. Espically when u only have thirty round mags.....

Im not trying to offend anyone just explain the reasonin to me.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Heavy is the Crown wrote:Why the hell would u ever want to speed up a mac. I like to to slow them down in fact. Espically when u only have thirty round mags.....

Im not trying to offend anyone just explain the reasonin to me.
Why do people tinker with their cars to make them go faster?
BrianBerto2
Elite Member

Post by BrianBerto2 »

It's all about laugh factor... It is an effective way to put a smile on you face. The smile only lasts until you realize you burned through all your ammo though. :lol:
[quote="mudshark"]Yeah, everytime I think about a 4.0L getting sodium-whatever-the-hell they're using poured into it to destroy it forever I wanna go out and shoot every fucking polar bear in the Artic. [/quote]

"Now Stan. If you want to put that gun to good use, then use it to shoot my hookers penis off" -Some guy on American Dad
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

I grinned like an idiot the first time I saw that video. Mini-gun rate of fire, if only for a 10th of a second.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Zack3g, where did you get that slim can lock/ FVG?
SteveHH

Post by SteveHH »

BrianBerto2 wrote:It's all about laugh factor... It is an effective way to put a smile on you face. The smile only lasts until you realize you burned through all your ammo though. :lol:
exactly!!! :lol:
-=-Steve-=-
Levittown, PA USA
myspace.com/SteveHH
roshahn

Re: Fastest cycling sub gun?

Post by roshahn »

yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

The slowest would be the M3 Grease Gun, right? And what's a going price for one?
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

It's a necro, but not a bad necro. ;)

Not a sub gun, but I've put at least 30,000 rounds through a 20mm Vulcan in an F-15 as a youngster. 6,000 RPM. It's hydraulically driven, electrically primed. There is no individual banging... it's a horrendous rrrrriiiiiipppppppppppppp that sounds like godzilla is roaring just outside the cockpit.

There are some guns that do better than 6,000 RPM, but not many. After my Eagle tour, I instructed in a jet called the AT-38B. It mounted a gun pod called the SUU-11 on the centerline to teach basic strafe.

Looks like this, but mounts a standard 7.62 minigun...

The funny thing - we HATED the SUU-11. After the Vulcan, it was like shooting a Lorcin. Almost no tactile/visual feedback. The biggest problem was that the ground target used acoustics to determine a hit, and it needed a supersonic bullet to score. This caused the students to fly in WAY too close, dangerously close, to get those precious hits.

I like fast subguns, which is why I like the Uzi series, MACs too, because both are stupid easy to alter the rate of fire with buffers and/or springs. Most people who shoot my stock full-sized Uzi find it "choppy" due to the slow ROF. Jacked up a bit is where most seem to like it, call it 800 to 900 RPM.