can i make this but not in FA

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gcw

can i make this but not in FA

Post by gcw »

Is there some law against making this? The company that makes it sells it as a full auto but is there some law that I dont know of?

Cobra700
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Cobra700 »

WTF???!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
silverbulletexpress
Silent But Deadly

Post by silverbulletexpress »

Are those crossed gas tubes? What a neat idea, too bad the Seals didn't have this to use against the pirates.........or did they? :shock:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
gcw

Post by gcw »

So the top one uses a sear to make it fire but if the bottom one is semi that means the top one can only be cocked/fired once with every pull of the trigger from the bottom one.
The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Post by The Good Doctor »

This is a joke, right?
FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
gcw

Post by gcw »

no I had a few sears just laying around and wanted a way to keep my barrels cool when the zombies are attacking and this seemed like the best bet besides the ge mini gun
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

If there isn't a law, there oughtta be.

Just cuz ya can don't mean ya should.
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Tony Rumore built it. He calls it a Siamese action or some such. Lower gun cycles the upper and vise verse. The description doesn't say exactly how the top one fires, but it sounds like the hammer follows the bolt, ie two shots per trigger pull. Is it a machine gun if one trigger operates two guns?

http://www.tromix.com/
Select projects on the left and scroll about halfway down.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
MCFLURY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MCFLURY »

That thing is perfect except for the front grip. Obviously your gonna use your free hand to another one
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

IBTMARMATAARDTTBOABM!

(In Before Tapco Makes A Rail Mount Adapter To Affix A Red Dot To The Bottom Of A Beta Mag)
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

ROFuher wrote: The description doesn't say exactly how the top one fires, but it sounds like the hammer follows the bolt, ie two shots per trigger pull. Is it a machine gun if one trigger operates two guns?
Multiple firings with a single pull of the trigger is MG, per ATFE I believe and it's all on the same platform/stock.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
silverbulletexpress
Silent But Deadly

Post by silverbulletexpress »

At the Second Chance bowling pin matches in Michigan I saw a left hand and right hand 1100 Remingtons attached to each other at the receiver and regulated so they could hit two pins at a time. IIRC they had mounted a pistol grip behind the trigger guards so they could reach both triggers at once. Thing weighed a ton but would take two pins off at a time if it was aimed right. Not sure how that one would be classified, it was back in the mid 80's when the beer kegs were open all day. :lol:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

silverbulletexpress wrote:At the Second Chance bowling pin matches in Michigan I saw a left hand and right hand 1100 Remingtons attached to each other at the receiver and regulated so they could hit two pins at a time. IIRC they had mounted a pistol grip behind the trigger guards so they could reach both triggers at once. Thing weighed a ton but would take two pins off at a time if it was aimed right. Not sure how that one would be classified, it was back in the mid 80's when the beer kegs were open all day. :lol:

SUCH A GOOD IDEA!
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
blkexp98
Silent Operator

Post by blkexp98 »

Sights are overrated too. Maybe this would lend itself to the high speed offset sights. 8)
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

blkexp98 wrote:Sights are overrated too. Maybe this would lend itself to the high speed offset sights. 8)
Put a quad rail on one of the rifles (either slot it or use a pistol length one), add a picatinny mount tripod adaptor, and an EO-tech on the other side. 8)

And replace one of the uppers with a left handed one to keep the brass ejecting down, (or up, if for show :lol: )

Fun little mounted weapon system. Maybe even some tomfoolery with the M-16 spade grips available to run it, and provide a linkage to the charging handles. 8)

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/mm5/merc ... y_Code=M16
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Only interested if there is a piston conversion.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

goteron wrote:Only interested if there is a piston conversion.
:lol:
I always tell the truth, even when I lie