ps 90 sbr

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rivervoog

ps 90 sbr

Post by rivervoog »

ps90 built with thompson machine receiver. Cheap pentax holographic sight soon to be replaced eotec xps2
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Bad on bad. I like it.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
AngryFish
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by AngryFish »

Can you elaborate on "Thompson Machine Receiver"? what is that?
rivervoog

thompson machine sbr

Post by rivervoog »

Thompson machine built a limited number of aftermarket receivers,I don't khow if he still has any. They are making suppressors now, you can find him on the web. I also posted the same pic on fn forum under PS90 photos sgtstryker replied he had one available.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

As much as I like the slightly lower profile, it's just ugly as sin. I actually like how my SBR PS90 looks.
MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MadDogDan »

As much as I like the stock PS90 they are UGLY as sin. That Thompson receiver turns it into a work or art. I think I am going to hunt down a Thompson receiver, buy it, and hold it until I get a PS90 in the future as I don't have one now.

MadDog
WWJWD (What Would John Wayne Do?)
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Don't pay any attention to the knuckle draggers. :P

DO get that sight replaced though......soonest!
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Sweet
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

continuity wrote:Don't pay any attention to the knuckle draggers. :P

Hey, now. I said I like the lower profile, I just happen to love the way my PS90 SBR looks as-is.

'course, I bought it because I really like the Stargate TV shows... $3k for gun, mags, ammo, stamp, etc.? Now THERE'S a fan! :lol:
MadDogDan
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MadDogDan »

PTK: Now you need to get a second SBR PS90 so you can shoot them, one in each hand, like Tealk (sp?).

MadDog
WWJWD (What Would John Wayne Do?)
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

It's "Teal'c", and I'm not black so I couldn't pull it off. :lol:
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

+1 on Stargate.... even the Stargate Atlantis spinoff isn't all that bad. I'll even take a staff weapon over a Jedi light saber.
Jake_T_Wolf

Post by Jake_T_Wolf »

PTK wrote:
continuity wrote:Don't pay any attention to the knuckle draggers. :P

Hey, now. I said I like the lower profile, I just happen to love the way my PS90 SBR looks as-is.

'course, I bought it because I really like the Stargate TV shows... $3k for gun, mags, ammo, stamp, etc.? Now THERE'S a fan! :lol:
+1! My next purchase after I get my SBR 10/22 done will be an SBR PS90, because I too love Stargate SG1!

+1 on the staf weapon over a Jedi Light saber.

BTW, PTK and rivervoog how did you guys go about engraving your PS90s?
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

continuity wrote:I'll even take a staff weapon over a Jedi light saber.
FTN, zat FTMFW!
Jake_T_Wolf

Post by Jake_T_Wolf »

Diomed wrote:
continuity wrote:I'll even take a staff weapon over a Jedi light saber.
FTN, zat FTMFW!
O I totally forgot about the Zat, it's been a long time since I've watched Stargate. I sorta gave up on it when they ended SG1 and went to Atlantis.

I change my vote +1 for the Zat! Zat+P90 FTMFW!!! :twisted:

Sorry totally hijacked this thread. To get more on track how does one go about engraving a PS90? As I recall the receiver is all plastic with a small aluminum plate with the serial number/barcode.
rivervoog

Post by rivervoog »

The receiver is alumium, I used metal stamps to engrave mine looks bad but it is legal will probably have it redone now that I have found a local SOT who can laser engrave. One nice thing about the thompson receiver is it is the class3 receiver,I still have the factory barreled receiver by switching it out I can use it just like any other class2 rifle.
Jake_T_Wolf

Post by Jake_T_Wolf »

rivervoog wrote:The receiver is alumium, I used metal stamps to engrave mine looks bad but it is legal will probably have it redone now that I have found a local SOT who can laser engrave. One nice thing about the thompson receiver is it is the class3 receiver,I still have the factory barreled receiver by switching it out I can use it just like any other class2 rifle.
I worded that poorly. I was talking about the lower receiver. I knew the uppers were aluminum. So your upper is registered as the SBR? Here's a photo of what I was talking about.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

The "lower receiver" is a plastic stock, legally. The receiver is the portion holding the barrel, in this case.
Jake_T_Wolf

Post by Jake_T_Wolf »

PTK wrote:The "lower receiver" is a plastic stock, legally. The receiver is the portion holding the barrel, in this case.
That makes sense that it would be a stock and not a "receiver". I could have sworn that the stock had a S# plate on it.(barcode lookin thing with numbers on it) I'll have to take a closer look at one next time I'm in my local shop.

Thanks for the info!
JTW
generaldisarray
Silent But Deadly

Post by generaldisarray »

That makes sense that it would be a stock and not a "receiver". I could have sworn that the stock had a S# plate on it.(barcode lookin thing with numbers on it) I'll have to take a closer look at one next time I'm in my local shop.
What your thinking of is a sticker on the top rear of the stock. The aluminum reciever also has the serial number on it.
misfit762
Silent But Deadly

Re: ps 90 sbr

Post by misfit762 »

Sweet PS90!

I love this gun. On my list is Short barreling mine.
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Re:

Post by Abiqua »

generaldisarray wrote:The aluminum reciever also has the serial number on it.
But no mfr info. Somehow FNH Belgium and FNH USA were able to get away with marking the stock with their names as MFR and importer while I had to engrave the receiver with my trust info.